FmC's 2017 DIY Handmade Build; U-Boat!

He’s quick is Jack, so maybe he would have a choice. One of the sacked assistants is called Jack so they may just get on.
The trip away will be orsm so if you need a little excess luggage let me know. As the old saying goes, no pictures it never happened. :slight_smile:

Amazing that the entire trip hinges around the ’phone; flights, accommodation, money, photos, etc.

…if this thing doesn’t work over there, I’m in trouble :weary:

Would that be the Hot Rod Drag Week, or the other kind of “drag”? Just curious. :innocent:

Definitely the Hot Rod one.
I don’t have enough skirts for a full week… :kiss: :person_facepalming:

Latest build update in post #5.

The hull is coming along nicely. Brazing thin material like that must of been a real pain. I like the authentic look. :slight_smile: What are you brazing with?
Looking at the smile on Jacks face I gather he enjoyed using the Dremel especially the way he has a grip on it.

Using silver rods to braze, so it’s a fine line between being hot enough, & burning through, on the thin brass.

The thing that upset me the most, is that I can no longer use “Yellow Submarine” as the sound track…. :person_facepalming:

I like gluing wood more than brazing/welding thin metal. :wink: Good show!!

Jack is the Man

Yep, Jack is the man! He’s managed to polish up the hull, so it’s looking half decent :+1:

Oh, there’s also a build update in post #6.

Nice update, although I’m not sure it’s very fair Jack doing all the grunt work :smiley:

I’m glad the acid bath wasn’t a buoyancy test. :slight_smile:
I still have no idea on how you work with all the thin material as it looks real neat.
As for Jack doing all the grunt work, I say get that whip out and give him more to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Update from today’s work at the end of post #6.

Jack’s been a bit cagey lately - not sure what’s bugging him… hopefully we can get through the build trouble-free… :expressionless:

It’s taking shape now, things start looking a lot better when the shininess comes through :+1:

That is a serious job! How many hours have you already put into it?

Love the shine!!

Jacks been a bit cagey lately and you dont know why. Oh the shame, Jacks about to jump ship.
You refer to him doing Steve Austin impersonations. Jack doesn’t do impersonations of anyone. Jack Is Jack. Got that. He has not received any wages from you at all for doing all the work that was above you and had to do all the heavy lifting and as for endorsing Autosol, well where is the commission for that?

Sorry FmC. The sacked assistants threatened me with bared teeth and made me sit back while they typed out the above. I’m afraid the three of them may have been colluding about forming a bludger’s union.
I’m not sure what to do, maybe withhold belly tickles to see if I can get all this rot to stop.

Love the build and looking forward to the maiden voyage. Is Bass Straight the test area?

That’s a little like asking someone how much money they have spent on torches :money_mouth_face: :wink:

It has been a time-suck, & maybe that’s why there are not as many people joining in the fun this time. I could have done things differently, & been finished a few weeks ago, but wanted to try a few things out of my comfort zone :cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks, Don. There should be more of it by the end of the day!

Oh man… I guess the assistants are right. I’ll have to make it up to him somehow… At least last time he had women & booze to keep his spirits up.

I’ve been contemplating the test area. The closest body of water suitable for launch isn’t safe to go at night, especially with a toy boat & a couple of dolls…. :person_facepalming:

That is so funny. :laughing:

He’s wonderful.