FmC's 2017 DIY Handmade Build; U-Boat!

Another small update at the bottom of post #6.

There's been a slight delay in progress, due to Jack running into a little trouble with one of his "kamerads" from the docks....

That Jack idea is so funny and kind a educational… Serious job explained on funny way. Play and learn… School professors should learn from you :+1:

Nice progress! I’m looking foward to the maiden voyage, be it in Bass Strait or Bath Tub. I hope that Jack’s past does not catch up on him anymore, you know you will need his skills for finishing the project.

I am just thinking of boiling water to propell the boat

Wouldt it be easier if you use some alcohol with lower vaporising temperature?

Mix some T-stoff and C-stoff for a nice source of propulsion. :smiling_imp:

I was afraid this would happen with Jack. He is only following in your very own footsteps. Its time for you both to pull your socks up and get back on the straight and narrow road to reform. :person_facepalming:
Now to read about the update. :slight_smile:
Edit. Ok I have it now after reading the update. Kamerad Johann is indeed yourself and Jack is the one on the straight and narrow. Oh the fear on Jacks face as you terrorised him.
Dont fear Jack as I have friends on the way now to help you out from this evil fiend. :smiling_imp:

Thanks guys, on the home straight now! :arrow_right:

Jack passed up a sponsorship deal with Sailor Jerry Rum in favor of Autosol. If it wasn’t for that, a bathtub full of alcohol would have done the trick to get the boat moving along at a good rate.
Either that, or seal up the room & pull a vacuum….

Damn it - the cat’s out of the bag :person_facepalming:

Update again at the end of post #6.

First water test, plus a few glamor shots of the finished build!

Cool :+1:

:+1: :+1: :partying_face: Whoo-hoo!!!

Well done Jack and FmC. I’ll have to heck the rest of the pictures out when I get back. :+1:

Shiny!!! Nice result!

Seriously cool build. Maybe not the most practical EDC light though. Lol. You have some awesome model making skills good sir.

Cheers guys :beer:

Is that a U-Boat in your pocket?… :person_facepalming:

Wow!!!

Incredible work on the u-boat FMC. :disappointed: :sunglasses: :smiley:

I see it has working propulsion. Excellent.

… now you just need to give it a fully functioning torpedo tube.

This is really diy art…

Final update at the end of post #6.

Micro USB cable turned up yesterday, & has been installed. The build is now finished.

Also updated the OP with build synopsis & a few more photos.

Cheers! :beer: :beer:

:+1: There has never been such a shiny sub in history. Truly a “one-off”!! :+1: :smiley:

Very nice but it may just be too visible :smiling_imp: :smiley: