For those who look for decently priced eneloops...

Luckily the AAA were out of stock at Thomas, so I cancelled my order and bought Duraloops (8 AA & 8 AAA) for less that $2/cell shipped on eBay. :) Sometimes things just work out.

Yeah I didn't mean to make any larger statement other than ...Gee I thought everyone already knew ...

If you do your homework on eneloops at some point you'll figure out the duraloop thing and then become a duraloop hunting expert ...I figured if idiots on slickdeels knew it than guys here would have known it too ..once it hits the ears of the super deal hunting crowd you can assume every soccer mom knows how to score eneloops or derivatives thereof.

Without making an essay of it ..

A duracell rebadged eneloop // A.K.A. Duraloop ....here's what you want

-Duracell

-Pre-charged

-White tops... this means looking down from the top you see a metal tab surrounded by a white disc than the heat shrunk plastic label wrapped around the battery.

-AAA are 800mah

-AA are 2000mah

-Made in Japan

It's really that simple

the black top ones are called //slang / durabrids -//duracell and ???? Hybrid they are made in china and (not evil )... just.. not what you want.

Don't be fooled into thinking higher numbers are better ..

this is a LOW SELF Discharge Battery.. LSD. That we are talking about . it hold a70~85% charge for a year where a regular nickle metal battery will be virtually dead . < The trade off is it has less overall capacity and needs to be charged more often if used .2000 mili amp hours capacity .. vs, a 2650 for a regular nimh.

most common duracell AA's are rated 2000 and 2650 mah

AAA's are 800 and 1000 mah

if you want eneloop low self discharge batteries

You want the lower numbers >> AAA 800mah .... and AA 2000mah

....................................................................................................................

IF : you want the strongest runs longest batteries ..

AND

IF :Charge and immediately use and use continually till depleted/

Then you may NOT want LSD batteries like eneloops

At that point buy the highest Mah rating you can, from a reputable manufactuerer >>Japan ..

Not trashy wildly inflated claimed chinese garbage ... i don't think there currently IS ANY nimh Battery with a capacity over 2700mah ..(anything claiming higher ..is probably a lie )

It's almost just that simple .. buy japanese batteries //sanyo .

that post should be stickyd!

Check out the battery pics on Amazon! Japan made Durcell. I saw this the other day when lookin for batteries but didnt even realize what it meant!

Thanks for posting Boaz! Read the most helpfull review also.

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries-4-Pack/dp/B000XSG300

Looking over the reviews there are 19 one star reviews saying they are junk and not holding a charge; wonder if Duracell gets the rejected Sanyos or something.

Well consider the source ... people who are happy don't come back on and leave messages ..plus this is only one seller on amazon ..There are some lame comments on flat wallet and slik deals saying bad things too BUT when you look at their other posts ,you realize it's a kid who either bought the wrong thing or they are just talking with out real experiance . Everyone likes to have an opinion or be an expert ...Sanyo eneloops are one of those products that people will universally say is an excellect choice and duraloops have the same quality .Since we are already talking about thenm at 1/2 price or under 2 bucks ...it's a no brainer considering you can walk into a target /walmart buy another pack and put these cells in and return them if for some odd reason you got a dud.I don't see any risk whatsoever. Duracell would replace any product they ever sold and even more so now that the parent company is P&G .....which will go out of business ..when soap goes out of style.

Yeah you're probably right, even lookin at the reviews of regular eneloops can look bad. Next time I'm at a store I am definitely lookin at the top of the duracells before just grabbin a pack, not that I ever just grab anything when buyin something. I drive my kids crazy when we go shoppin. My wife knows better and just walks off leavin me to over analyze my purchase.