FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

I might be able to get you replacement cover if you give us some time.

Did I understand correctly that the ASTROLUX FT03 SST40 shoots farther than the ASTROLUX FT03 XHp 50?

Yes, because the SST-40 has a smaller die vs the XHP50.2.

And what if the FT03 was XHP35 Hi? Would he beat the throwing duality - SST40?

Yes, but mainly because it doesn’t have a silicone dome on top.

I think the throw numbers in the thread title are pretty accurate.

875m for SST-40 smaller hot spot, less heat
735m for 50.2 bigger hot spot more heat

SST-40 has 2mm die, with dome that magnifies it to about 2.5-2.6mm (rough estimate)
Xhp35-hi has 2.35mm die, but no dome.

So the smaller total die size in the same size reflector will throw farther. Assuming lumens are about the same 1700-1800 OTF.

Of course xhp35 requires an expensive 12 volt Boost driver which would raise the price.

You could swap an xpl-hi (2mm die, no dome) in and get even more throw even though it has a few hundred less lumens.

Slicing or removing the dome from the SST-40 will give similar throw to xpl-hi due to both having the same size die, but the domes are very hard to remove.

well I can wait. my cover still covers the port from water, I just have difficulty opening it (the handle has been broken which we grab to open the usb port). thanks

Is a code still avaiable? ATF03 isn´t working.

I’m sure that a dedicated cover is the best option for BOMBAY but out of curiosity I wonder if a generic port cover from Aliexpress would also work fine…

Coupons don’t work on sale-priced items. However, the Flash Deal price for the SST40 model is $29.99 through 9/15, which is as good as most coupon codes.

What is the diameter of the LED pcb?

Astrolux FT03 SST4 40 5000K already out of stock? That fast… I’m about to order and asking when they will be available. Tq.

28mm according to those who modded their FT03’s earlier in this thread. Banggood sells a replacement with the SST40, but I’m not aware of bare direct replacements.

Ridiculous that BG never mentions the diameter on the replacement MCPCB/emitter page.

Again, I saw on BG FT03 SST40 say 5000k back instock, but when select, processing will be due 0ctober 20… :frowning: that not too long to wait for me. I just wonder if or wish they are true…

I'm Interested..

it seems people goes nuts over neutral tints on lights like this idk… more demand then they can supply perhaps.

But the thing is, promo gonna end this september 15…omg :open_mouth: sale price is $29.99… :money_mouth_face:

Should I buy 5700k instead or just wait the end of october… grrrh really tempted…ahaha

Bcos, 900m trower is measure by 6500k. Lowering the CCT temperature will also lower the the lumen by an approx 20% or so…

Also to be factor in, Thrower is a Trower. Meaning why would I care about the tint? You see… Is all about that 700-900metre range…

Yeah, maybe I can still make my mind…let see hmm…

You can’t assume a 20% loss of lumen between 6500K and 5000K. It all depends on the binning and forward voltage of the led (with FET driver).

Also, brightness is not a big factor in throw distance. It’s more about the beam angles and hot spot size, etc…

I think your worried about nothing.

Haha was in the same dilemma. In the end I just went for the 5700k. :smiley: