FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

I don’t mod any of my lights because I am too dumb to do that. That being said as a novice collector the FT03 is way better than the FT02. Ramping is perfect and the beam quality and range are excellent. It’s my new favorite thrower. I hope Hank puts out a new thrower soon.

Thanks guys. lol VOB make reflowing leds look so easy! :cry:

Yeah I figured there was more to it than some simple mechanical modifications.

I don’t know a ton about resistance but my understanding regarding current was that the device will draw as much current as required so the power source must provide the same amount at a minimum and over is fine because on controlled devices it can’t draw any additional amps. I guess that means with higher internal resistance the battery itself actually limits the current produced? If that’s the case, isn’t that the exact type of situation where a battery can short - the device is drawing 18 amps and the power source is trying to push 18 but due to the internal resistance is pushing more like 20?

interesting, is that something u could offer?

:wink:

Very kind of you to say. I don’t mind poking fun at myself. I make up for my lack of knowledge with my flashlight enthusiasm.

Can those that have received their lights already please confirm if oversized cells such as Shockli 5500mAh fit ok?

X3 wrote:
If someone want to trade some kCd for MOAR lumens, a simple emitter swap with the new XHP50.2 3V is straight forward. With a good battery, we’re looking at 15A of current drain so more than 4000 lumens…Would this reduce the throw? Make the light much more floodier (SP)? Is the LED larger and harder to focus in the reflector?

Just curious, as some of the farthest throwers in this size or smaller achieve it with a narrow beam (olson flat black, etc). It would be cool if the lumens and hot spot doubled and the throw stayed the same or increased…

Can those who received this light Please tell me if you got a 21700 sleeve with it?

If not, how does a 21700 fit in the light for those who have/are using that battery?

Grazie mille[Thanks a million],Wolfdog

I know that these are on 20mm and the stock PCB is 26mm, and you’d need spacers/centering rings, but here’s some options for upgrades/sidegrades:

Here’s an example of the 3V XHP50.2 on a 20mm PCB:

There’s the SST40 dedomed on 20mm:

http://kaidomain.com/Luminus-SST-40-Dedomed-White-6500K-LED-Emitter?search=Sst-40

Or Osram Flat White on 20mm:

~~Osram CSLNM1.TG FLAT LED on 20mm Noctigon DTP MCPCB er maybe not, doesn’t like FET

Is ordering cut off ? or is it because I have already ordered one ? I see pre-order but not able to add it to my cart . Pre-order button grayed out.

Well, it’s a simple reflow on the stock MCPCB but I could help with it if you want :slight_smile:

Pre-order was paused due to supply issues. Try to order via Smartphone App.

It was between Molicel P42A and the Samsung 40T. 40T hits a little harder in the beginning of discharge. P42A was several dollars cheaper[Liionwholesale -FLASH SALE] and several months fresher[Manufacturer date-BOD]. BOTH are great choices. :smiley:

Discharged @ 1Amp to 2.80V on my Trusty Opus BT-C3100 2.2 :+1:

2IA07= I=2018/ A=October/ 07= 7th BOD=October 7,2018

HKJ got 3990mAh @ 1Amp

21700 sleeve does not come with it. Light seems to function ok without one, but my batteries are flat top and the spring locks in on the recessed button

If I get a chance I’ll post a ceiling shot but the cool white looks about 2x brighter than my stock NW BLF mini.

If it could be the difference between the tints. It is a cleaner white than my zebralight sc600s

Ok, I just contacted BG support and the agent told me the expected shipping date for my order is April 9

My order for the NW was placed on: 2019-03-08 06:37:24

I really hope there will be no more delays. :weary:

Thanks,not clear on what you mean by “Spring locks in on recessed Button”…If they are Flat tops?

I understand,it has only been 3 weeks for you,6 weeks[February 14th] for me!

By their shipping calculations, mine should have been sent already when you compare the time frame b/w my purchase and yours and when they say they are going to ship yours!! lol!

Thanks for posting that info, I imagine I’m in the same boat as well. Or at least my package will be. :stuck_out_tongue:

My Feb 14th NW order is expected in now on April 8th.

Where are you seeing that? I still have expected shipping date of 9th March. Yay, those 100 points will really make up for no word for almost a month. :eyeroll:

Still says backorder. So who knows when I’ll see it.

edit::