✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX MF01S 15000lm Flashlight Group Buy - ENDED

This light doesn’t use a reflector, it uses a TIR lens. The SST-20 happens to be a pretty small size die so it produces a fairly narrow beam.

It’s also not as bright as it could be. The small LED only puts out around 830 lumens each for a total of 15,000. It could be noticeably brighter with the same heat and current draw if it were using a bigger LED like an xpl (about 30% more efficient). The downside is the xpl is more expensive and it wouldn’t throw as far.

It’s just the effect of cumulative light. Also 100k isn’t that much in the grand scheme of things.

So that's how it works! I thought there was a little reflector housing behind that lens. I think the beauty of this light is that it throws so far for it's size with such a massive hot spot.

I’m actually starting to feel glad that I received the 5000K instead of the 4000K that I ordered. Really pleasant tint, so that colour temperature is probably going to be my go-to choice for future purchases, and I’m not getting a green shift at lower levels like with the D4v2. I’m even happy that they sent me a black light instead of purple, considering that the colour anos don’t seem to be the kind of quality that people were expecting. If I have the necessary funds next week, I’ll probably buy another (plain black) one.

I got my MF01S 5000K and I must say that it is definitely brighter than my D18 5000K by some + 25% brighter

I’m thankful this hasn’t been the case for all of the Blue ones. Mine is colored evenly.

I sold mine yesterday and ordered another blue with the hope I may get lucky this time. Instead of 4000K I decided to try there bluish 6500K since some have said the 5000K is still quite yellow. My q8 XPL Hi 5000K is beautiful but from I read, whatever bin mateminco is using, the sst-20 5000k could be really yellowish still.

Yellow light doesn’t always mean quality light, even if it’s got high CRI. If everything is turned pee yellow and dim it can be less useful than a 4500-5500k NW.

I use to think I wanted yellow high CRI. But after using several 3000-4000k lights it became distasteful. I’ve shifted my preference to 5000k NW and like it much better. Honestly, this could be attributed to some deteriorating vision and a near Retinal detachment. Either way, the vaunted yellow high CRI is not the holy grail for everyone.

Both of the lights I received are labeled 5000k, but both of them are “yellowish”. Clearly not the yellow of 4000k. But not the Neutral White of my other 5000k lights. It’s definitely noticeable.

Just my personal opinion, but I think Astrolux/Mateminco shoud dump the sst-20 leds all together and get something more consistent.

Are you talking about lumens or intensity? The MF01S has a tighter beam pattern which can make it look brighter even if the lumens are about the same. Just something to keep in mind.

I’m talking about lumens. ceiling reflection test

Can I get a coupon?

Hi I have a question, does this light have regulated output buck driver or classic FET driver? For example emisar d18 has FET I read somewhere that this light will have higher quality driver. What is the max regulated output?

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/trunk/view/head:/ToyKeeper/spaghetti-monster/anduril/cfg-mateminco-mf01s.h

Based on reading the configuration in Anduril, it is definitely not a buck driver. It seems to be FET + 1x7135, and max regulated output is about 626 lumens (possibly SST-20, but unclear if 4000K or 5000K or 6500K).

Based on what Lexel has told me, it is a FET driver that uses a resistor bank for the lower regulated level. He did not give much detail, but there are no 7135 chips and I don’t know how many total channels there are or what the regulated level is for the resistor bank (see below). We are lacking a lot of details for this driver. Hopefully someone can post a picture of it so that we can learn more.

All LED choices seem to be SST-20.

Looking at that code link, it seems to have 2 channels, so a FET and a single resistor bank. I think TK said 7135 in a general sense, not that this driver actually uses it. If she actually measured the lumen output and that’s what we’re seeing in the code, then it looks like the resistor bank is about 3.5A or so.

7135 chips tend to break down on 2S2P + FET drivers, I think this is why lexel used a resistor instead which is more durable

Yes, they are only rated to 6 volts, but certain versions can handle 8.4v. The raven claw version was the good one and was always prefered, but the quality of the newer chips seems to be declining. There have been quite a few failures of them at 8.4v, so Texas_Ace started designing his TA driver to use a resistor bank instead. I think the Haikelite MT09R driver was the first. (The original Haikelite made driver had some issues) Resistors cost fractionally more than 7135 chips, but are way more reliable. Then you have to re-make the ramp (in the user interface) from scratch to get it all working smoothly.

Ah, seems like he is using the same design as the MT09R driver.

I haven’t seen a single picture of the driver yet.