FW1A with a XHP50.2 feeler list

I built an xhp50.2 fw1a dedomed. Tons of power = tons of heat but still a fun light.

Do you think more or less heat than a triple?

I’d have to say, it feels about the same heres some photos

Thanks. It looks great. I think this is the 1A I want.

they use a very thick MCPCB for the xh50.2

hope it's finished soon

any news on these? they sound very nice

I wonder if it is still happening. A lot of people seem to not love the beam with this emitter.

I have this emitter in a Zebralight SC600w MkIV Plus. It’s not perfect, but it’s reasonable. Here’s a beamshot (default white-balance, default exposure):

Unless you’re white-wall hunting, the beam looks perfectly fine. On a white-wall, there is noticeable tint-shift across the beam. But, for a domed Cree emitter, it’s not bad.

interested

I would be interested, but this could easily be done in the same body style with a 21700. The 21700 would make more sense in this case and would not be much bigger.

Thanks for the beam shot. That does look good.

a sample should reach me soon

I like that idea. It’s certainly more interesting to me than the triple 21700 version.

Interested if the 80 or 90 cri xhp50 is utilized.

please PM me when its alive!

Given the problems they’ve had with quality control manufacturing the 18650 version, do you really want them to go through all that again by redesigning the body and switch? It took 2 years to get the 18650 version issues mostly resolved. Redesigning for 21700 is asking for problems. Is that worth it for just 33% more capacity but a non-pocketable version?

I suppose I just don’t understand the desire for the 21700 format. It’s not that much of an improvement in capacity or power than what we already have with 18650. And it’s so much less pocketable. Chargers haven’t even caught up with the format yet, unless you like to cram your cells in.

Any updates? Definitely still interested.

Fyi jc customs is making these for anyone who doesn’t want to wait…

Saw that but it’s a pre-order. No word on time of availability though.

sent the mails and working on the PMs
Edit sent the PMs too!

Any idea what the CCT is on this one? I want to order one but I’d prefer 4000K. I’ll still order as long as it’s 5500K or less.