FW1A with a XHP50.2 feeler list

I am waiting for Lumintop to confirm

will the FW1A Pro come in any other colors ?

i would not be surprized :D

Anybody have one of these new FW1A pro models in hand for a review or at least a report on tint shift? Nice to know what to expect from these as opinions are all over the place as to how bad or great they might be.

Thanks,

Captainkirk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQvxzmmFjXw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0D8u0lDZ5brjVSV7OprQmYD013mtv-ZMbcJBqV5XmBYgv_Duo1PsLWNDA

Not sure if this video fills in all your blanks……

I’m shocked at how bad that green corona is. As I said in this post I have a Zebralight SC600w IV Plus with the 50.2 emitter, and it’s quite acceptable as far as tint shift goes. Not perfect, but nowhere near as bad as in Madmax’s video. I also have a high CRI 50.2 in a Zebra H600Fc, which looks perfect. However, that is because it uses a frosted lens to smooth out the imperfections. Still, I think I’d still see a tint shift if it was as bad as in the video.

Either Lumintop is getting a bad reel of emitters, or Zebralight is getting a good reel, or that’s an artifact in the video. Hopefully, it’s not what all samples look like in person. The 50.2 emitter in the FW1A is a nice idea, but not with that tint. :confounded:

hehe :D

Thanks very much for the link, that helps a lot.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was on the list but I waited to see a review or video before I ordered and boy am I glad I did. I ended up ordering the XPL-HI 3D instead of the FW1A Pro as I was already happy with that emitter in a couple of my FW3As.

Yeah, the XPL HI works very well in the FW3A. Pleasant tint, with almost no shift. Given how floody the FW1A with the XHP50.2 looks, I think the better option is the FW3A. The FW1A with the XPL HI makes much more sense if you want a thrower.

Deciding between the FW1A pro and the FW3A with the XPL-HI 3D. Their outputs seem similar and for use outside, the green corona of the 50.2 isn’t as noticeable. My big questions are efficiency and heat. Is the 50.2 going to run cooler and last longer in this application vs. the three XPLs?

I have several of each. I LOVE the PRO. Way better.

No. But it will probably throw better, so you get the same range with less output meaning you may be able to run it at a lower setting to do the same task (and therefore get better runtimes).