GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

Krono, do you think it’d be possible to have a light made with a bio scanner or something? Hoping they can get the light to read my mind so I don’t have to actively think about what mode I need. Such a bother! Maybe a retina scanner so it’ll know where I’m looking, with a laser distance finder to adjust the power of the light by? Built into a baseball cap so I don’t have to remember to pick it up and bring it along? Solar panel on top to recharge during the day while the cap is keeping the sun out of my eyes? Could it feed me a beer now and then? Or mixed drink of choice…

(I’m only partly being facetious, I’m really tired of thinking! Not good at it anyway and it just HURTS these days…)

Dale I overheard some inside information that mind reading is on the drawing board for v4. v3 only gets bluetooth so you’ll have to use your phone. Sorry about that. :bigsmile:

EDIT: Speaking of mental exhaustion, I thought I was posting this in the X6v2/X5 gb thread. It doesn’t make as much sense here but I’m leaving it.

Sure. From now on, those features will be trademarked as follows:

1. KronoScanThoughtControlBlueToothIntegrator
  2. KronoLaserDistanceFinder
  3. KronoSolarPanel
  4. KronoBartender
  5. KronoShine: Optional feature…makes it’s own distilled liquor. Another good use for copper…heheh

So the Chinese labeling will read…

1) KronoControlScanBlueThoughtToothIntegrator
2) KronoFindLaserDistance
3) KronoSunPane
4) KronoTinderBar
5) KronoDistilleratorMoodEnhancementSureJailDeathInbiber

Received mine today… as expected, my protected Panasonic NCR18650B are too long. I still wanted to use it, so I made a little spring out of copper wire without insulation. I put it into the tailcap and it works. Awesome light, thank you for this groupbuy!

When will the longer tubes be available?

Nooooo,

It will read……….KronoBlueBear

Some of them are getting reflective apertures, so some will reach about 250-270kcd. The rest will be single lens, DD’d G2 lights. There’s a very long-throw and a long-throw. I will start a thread on it, though.

2nd D80 came in today. A 1A this time and again in perfect shape.

Put a 0.1 ohm shunt on the tail and scoped the current. (3.9 V cell + large shunt value, so only around 200 mV = 2 A)

PWM frequency is definitely around 190 Hz.

From top to bottom, high to low mode. Frequency in white text top right. Another interesting number is the duty cycle, bottom left in yellow. From high to low the driver runs at 98.5, 49.25, 18.66, 11.94 and 0.75% respectively. That mode 4 is unfortunate.

So, there is a problem with those tubes? :smiley:

EDIT: 3C tint is out of stock now, btw.

Anybody have a 4.2v button battery? :slight_smile:

Lol!

Krono, any good news from May about new reflector?

New measurement with 6mm2 (20+20cm) wires and some modding to get better contact with flat top Samsung 30Q:
fresh 4,2V: 4,2…3A /1A.
Battery voltage without load 4,04V and got 3,47A Samsung INR18650 30Q flat top.
FLUKE 325 clamp meter and FLUKE 233 DMM.

Sorry about that. :bigsmile: I have 3Cs stocked if needed. XP-L HI 3C D80s, or just stock D80 XML2 3Cs, or non-used emitters on Noctigons pulled from D80s. They will resupply them though at the site, you can count their US dollars in profit on that.

This thread moves too fast for me. I had mentioned the reflectors don’t work with smaller domes. I have been making them work, though. …and those green o-rings are a bad fad that’s going out of style quick. :wink: They are a pain (the wrong size completely), and poor design choice IMO, so I will supply D80s with black ABS spacers correct at both ends, for the reflectors to work in non-XML2 D80s.

What’s the deal with these other “new reflectors”? Hype that doesn’t work? J/K :stuck_out_tongue:

I have 'dry-' tested the D80 reflector with a dedomed XP-E2, which is as far apart from a domed XM-L2 as you can get it, and I get a perfect focus, it is all about positioning the led (in XYZ), smaller is more critical.

For that matter, I think that the majority of complaints that a reflector is working for this led and not working for that led originates from not correctly focussing . All reflectors that I have worked with thusfar work well for all sorts of leds.

(for most reflectors I guess a more or less well shaped paraboloid is used, is there more magic possible that makes it tailormade for this or that led ?)

Just received my light.

Although I’d seen pictures. It’s smaller than I imagined. Very nice light!
Now waiting for a longer tube :smiley:

Longer tubes should be in stock at GB sometime next week. Not sure what their schedule is due to the Chinese holidays.

I just got my BLFSE light… very nice build. I pop in a battery and check the illumination when I notice… FINGERPRINTS! Several fingers and thumb prints on the reflector, clear enough that they could be used for identification. What the hell??? Anyone else seen this? I’m seriously pissed, because you can’t adequately clean smooth reflectors like this without leaving some scratches behind. :exmark:

xevious, I got my flashlight also with some reflector defects. It looks awful, with scratches and point spot on it |(

That sucks but its not true that you can’t clean them. I use regular dish washing soap, like Dawn or whatever you’ve got, and some really hot water. Apply and rub by hand. For drying use a microfiber cloth and a very gentle touch, or go with compressed air if it makes you feel better, but be sure its “good” air that’s not full of junk. Also keep it very upright so none of the propellant comes out.