Getting crazy over spending ?

I opened my can of beams (Q8)
And there were 4 lil weenies (HG2s)

I’m still hungry though.

If your “4 lil weenies” had been GA’s you might have had tiny bit smaller beams in your can (Q8)… but those bigger ‘Weenies’ just might have taken care of that remaining hunger. :wink:

I just did better, I opened a can of beans and played with all my beams BTW, in the spirit of this thread, I toned down buying flashlights a little and then ended up spending nearly $100.00 this evening purchasing colored led cabinet lighting. It's going to take time to get into budget mode I think

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …… Yep, we have a long road ahead of us. :person_facepalming: Just too many neat things out there competing for our money. :money_mouth_face:

Such as… lights, knives, guns, lights, fishing gear, lights, & on & on & on…… :wink:

It's a mad world out there and many of us are getting sucked right into it

Truer words were never spoken…… :+1: . :wink:

A friend of mine came up with the term “The Equipment Syndrome”.

That is where one accumulates more & more “equipment” but uses it less & less.

Sound familiar?? :person_facepalming: . $ . $ . $ . $ . $

The cycle must be broken……. :wink:

Between buying and Eating Bad— I need an Intervention ——- :wink:

I have several lights and ordered several and of coarse batteries too. So ya I’ve been bad for Xmas too.

In the HiFi arena, we call it ‘upgradeitis.’

It’s no different with flashlights.

Chris

Big difference —- I’ve owned speaker wires (2m) that eclipse my entire Flashlight collection cost

This year xmas probably spent only a USD ~200 combined on flashlights, LEDs, … purposely keeping it a little smaller than last year :innocent:

Same here. 3 pair of Audio Note~Japan AN VZ ICs.

Chris

Guilty I will say that the one exception for me is tools. I have and purchase a lot of tools but they are really used and abused. None of them sit for too long before being put to work.

Can’t help my self to resist on other offers so many products that gets my interest.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :person_facepalming: Tools!! :open_mouth:

I - forgot - TOOLS ……. :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:

Yeah… I use my tools I must say. :+1: … BUT , I do have multiples of many. And until about 4 years ago, when I finally began resisting; Sears Tool Department at Thanksgiving/Christmas Holiday time was a must to grab some bargains on Craftsman tools. It drew me like a magnet…… :person_facepalming:

:money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

We have a place up here called Canadian Tire. If you want a tool, just wait a little and it will soon be on sale at a crazy low price. I know their marketing strategy is to do that hoping you come in and buy other things as well, but I just go for the sales and clear out of there before my pockets get empty.

My common sense is working well, I skip buying junk lights. No problems with overspending.
Mike

I have plenty of Common Sense —- I just love to P———————-s away money —— Always have

/\ …… :+1: …… :wink:

I admit that I bought a few too many $15-30 flashlights before I realized which brands, which UIs, which LED tints, which form factor, battery size, etc. that I prefer. I think that sort of thing helps when getting into a hobby; just set aside some money and try a bunch of stuff out. And some of those lights have really turned out to be either not what I was expecting, useless to me due to a conflict of preferences, or in some cases kind of junky. Fortunately, I took great advice on buying batteries and chargers so no regrets in that department.

For me, it's not so much about spending money on a hobby, but on spending money stupidly. I will probably try to sell a few of the flashlights I'm not fond of, whether it's on the gear swap here or on ebay. Not that I'll get too much money from selling a $25 flashlight used, but for me, that's how I draw the line in a hobby. It's mostly symbolic, but it makes me think harder and take more time on purchases in the future.

With flashlights, though, I've been lucky. I've held off on the more expensive flashlights and succeeded pretty well keeping the average purchase price pretty low so far, since the beer-can-sized floodlights and jumbo search lights capable of illuminating things 1 km away don't really interest me that much. I'm mostly in it for EDC lights, which have been surprisingly affordable.