Greetings from the Southern tip of Africa

Welcome fellow South African :beer:
Yes, the postage struggle is real here at the southern point of Africa.
I’m in for group buys through Aramex Global Shopper perhaps and distributing locally with TheCourierGuy
Cheers

I’m in for that as well…

Thanks for the link Kevin , that is quite warm for my palate reference , but I won’t mind to have a 4500- 5000k 80-90CRI in the new S2R ii

Yeah I might buy a second S2R Baton just to mod it…

Oh, and you will love the warm tint Luxeon V’s once you see it pumping from the Q8. It goes milky white at higher levels. Absolutely beautiful in the bush.

Kevin that looks like a killer mod to an already great light.

Lother I just had a look at the aramex global shopper and that looks like a great option.

I’m glad to see that there is a definite interest for a group buy.

I’ll start a separate thread to find out how many of us there are and what everyone is interested in getting so we can figure out the best way to go about things for everyone’s benefit.

But first let me speak to one of the moderators to make sure we do everything according to rules.

Good to know that there are goodies available here from Sofirn, I saw them on BOB a while ago but just assumed that they were dropshipped from China.

Hope you enjoy the new toy.

Mark from TorchGuy.Com | Brightest Rechargeable LED Flashlights Best Prices Fastest Delivery in SA stock some Sofirn products

Thank you Luxjunkie! Great to see we have our own little local community. I hope we can work something out with group buys.

Keep me posted for any group buys, GB used to use aramex and My stuff came in quick. I see they use Bufffalo now.

GB as in Gearbest? My phone was bought on Gearbest and Aramex took 14 days to deliver to my doorstep. I know BG (Banggood) uses Buffalo now and they offer a really fast and affordable service.

Thanx for the link. Very impressed with his website. I can see he is very passionate about what he does. Will definitely support his business.

Yup Gearbest :nerd_face:

I have sent a message to the admin to get permission for organising the group buy.

I’ll start a separate thread do discuss this further once we get the go ahead.

Yes he is a true gentleman and gives excellent personal and backup service , bought many flashlight from him .
The same with Henri from Olight /TorchSA , maybe you do know but he brought in some Emisars and see he still have some left https://torchsa.com/36-other-flashlights , bought a couple from him , maybe he still have discount coupons on them , lately I see he have Manker as well

Excellent idea Luxjunkie , maybe we can get a list together with all members from Southern Tip of Africa .

Hi all

I have gotten the go ahead from admin to start the discussion on a group buy.

Here is the link to the thread for anyone interested.

[quote=MonkeyLight]

[quote=Luxjunkie]

[quote=MonkeyLight]

Is this Henri guy for real selling Emisar D4 for $100 plus each?I am not surprised he still has stock available.I had better just keep my opinion of him to myself.

I think impatience and worry about international orders is a huge motivator. I am still waiting for my D4 to arrive, ordered 1 June, arrived in S.A. 12 June, over 2 months to clear customs and still sitting at SAPO JHB “incoming international”since 20 Aug.
It’s become so bad now I haven’t ordered anything for months.

Are we talking about this being weapon mounted?

We have “Castle Law” where I live. “Intruders” then choose not to intrude.

I hope you are able to obtain the lights and other “tools” to keep safe.

Many of my lights are weapon mounted, for use of bear, coyote around the house.

Best of luck and stay safe, and keep us updated.

Not weapon mounted, though I could definitely see the use of a weapon mounted HID, not sure how the lamp would respond to recoil, but it would be cool.

Self defence laws pose their own unique challenges when it comes to pointing a weapon at an intruder.

I won’t go into detail about what is currently happening here on the farms as it does border on being political.

I moved away from the hot zone a couple of months ago.

Where we use to stay things weren’t so great, but with a lot of security measures in place including patrols, big dogs, big lights, cctv, drones, and generally just being very vigilant.

We did manage to ward off a few would be attackers and once criminals learn that you are not an easy target they tend to move on.