Greetings from the Southern tip of Africa

Understand what your saying. This is my expertise. With my own company of providing high level, high value assets, 1 man to 12 man armed security.
If something is going to happen, it will be at night.

Lights, lights, lights, remote lights, thermal if you could obtain without customs theft.

In overwhelming situations intruding criminals can win because of your exhaustion. Motion sensors would be great too.

Stay safe.

[quote=Tony Cape]

[quote=MonkeyLight]

[quote=Luxjunkie]

I was looking to order a few Emisars from MTNElectronics for myself and friends until I accidently saw Emisars on the Torchsa website .

Apparently he paid full price on the Emisars (not as a agent ) and paid import duties .
His price did include free delivery by courier ( bought more than 1 at a time ) and a LG HG2 3000mAh battery.
With a discount coupon I received, I still think the end price was reasonable , delivered within 3 days with backup guarantee (not sure how long , but sure for at least a year )

On the end I don’t think he made a lot profit if you take ROI in account

Lights do really make a world of difference. I can’t imagine how things might have been if we still had to rely on old alkaline powered incandescents.

Thermal is definitely worth the effort if it is within your budget, luckily there are quite a few nice units available here as hunting is quite popular.

I have played around with home made night vision and the results were quite promising. Thermal would have been much better though.

It is exactly as you are saying with regards to exhaustion.

[quote=MonkeyLight]

[quote=Tony Cape]

[quote=MonkeyLight]

Although expensive, I can understand where the expense comes from. And even at that price, it is still good value for money compared to many other lights in that price range.

For those looking for an excellent tactical flashlight, the Acebeam L16 is now on sale for R1100 at https://www.extremelights.co.za/collections/sale/products/acebeam-l16-flashlight

I have bought from them before and they have a good and true warranty on their products.

That’s a bargain, half the normal price.

Yeah I love the always turbo tail switch, and separate “usual” operation of the side switch on the L16. And it has moonlight mode!

That is a good price and a excellent flashlight , I have one since they came out .
For that price I assume it doesn’t include a battery , for best performance a high drain battery is needed

It does include a battery, I phoned them to make sure even though the discription states that a battery is included. I believe it’s a 3100mah cell.

Just ordered mine. I’ll probably be using a NCR18650GA, or a 30Q if it performs significantly better.