Group Buy CLOSED: MAXToch SN6X-2X

phantom, no misunderstanding you just have to remember the translation…it’s designed to have no more than 1300 lumens, so it should be safe at 840 as is! :wink:

ANSWERS FROM MAXTOCH:

1) How hard is the led driven?
“It is 3.3A.”

2) Moddable?
“Users can change the circuit board by them self if its diameter is same as ours. But the current is the max level within safe power. We don’t suggest to amplify the current.”

3) How good is the heatsink?
“The LED module is made from solid aluminum stick. That is the best choice for heatsink.”

4) Are the threads glued?
“No”

ACTIVE! Group Buy for MAXToch SN6X-2X for $59.90 delivered (no extra PayPal/shipping fees…other fees such as VAT/taxes…are your responsibility) with holster and gift/storage bag.

There is a limited number of these lights (they are a limited production run). 50 of them have been set aside for BLF at this price…so first come, first served.

The SN6X-2X is only offered as per specs below, no tint options available.

To purchase, I must have your information PM’d to me:

1) PayPal Email Address and tph#.

2) If drop shipped, the ship to address including:
Name:
Street:
City:
Zip code:
Tel:

Also updated in OP.

Count me in.
PM sent.
Thx!

I have a Maxtoch SN6X-2X - or 2X as it is known - and its a well made light, and very well presented.

Out of the box it had a neutral rather than cold tint and tested at 92k lux. After a little modding (dedome, copper and variable resistor) it now runs at a very strong 230k lux while retaining 73 minute runtime with panasonic 3100s. ANSI now 959 meters.

Nice tight beam with good XML2 spill. Very good deal at under $60.

Maxtoch making a real effort to make good quality product and with this new 2X and their SN6X-2S (smaller XML2 running at 69-73k) they are doing very well for the dollar.

Thanks for the input mudgripz!

I am in for this one. Thank you for organizing this.

Pm in coming shortly with info :slight_smile:

mudgripz - a few Q's: what's the amps now at the tail after the resistor mod you did? Do you think it can go higher? Was it a de-domed XM-L2 U2 1A on copper?

One more - looks like no AR lens stock. Did you look for or find one? jmpaul320 mentioned flashlightlens.com has a 65 mm that may fit.

I'm thinkng bout it, but would like to push it harder, and expecting to get over 300 kcd from a reflector this size, but amps at the tail needs to be over 2.2A, 4.4A effective at least. I know for real world hunting, may not be the best setup obviously, but we do like our lights to run hot... Smile

PM sent.

The 2X I have has an XML2, not XML2-U2. Not with AR lens and at that time hadn’t looked for one.

The guy responsible for the mods to my light is manualman from NZ - also member on this site. I believe he had the 2X up to 300k lux with a dedomed XP-G2, but we went back to the dedomed XML2 for greater beam width for hunting purposes.

Have asked manualman to comment here on tech specs, his mod process etc.

Ok, thanks. I think mostly, we would rather stay with a XM-L2, not XP-G2, but these days we are seeing about 500 kcd on TN31's, and about 400 kcd on the K40, both with XM-L2 U2's, so we are hoping getting 300+ kcd out of this size thrower with a XM-L2 U2 is achievable.

U2 is a brightness/efficiency code. There are different XM-L2’s, T5, T6, U2 etc. Which one is installed in SN6X-2X? It’s very important.

XM-L2 U2 1A

Orders will be compiled on a spreadsheet and sent to MAXToch every few days (as the time restraints of my job allows). You should then receive a paypal invoice for your light.

I'm in! PM sent. It's not much more than a Convoy L2, but higher performing, similar head/reflector size, lighter, full package with the holster and bag, 18650 instead of 26550's though

im quite interested to see what the modders can come up with this one… it looks like it has great potential

might have to send mine to you tom if you manage to crank out 300k lux :slight_smile:

I would like to know actual reflector diameter? also would like to see pics of the driver removed. and pics of the head removed to see the star mounting area. might be too much to ask though.

Krono you might want to check re actual led in the 2X at present.

I asked last night and amanda (maxtoch) says XML2 T6. Will change soon but that appears to be the current led. Best to double check this perhaps.

My 2X is a fine performer at 230k - am looking forward to seeing its XML putting out 300k lux.

Here is who has ordered so far:

jmpaul320
tatasal
HarleyQuin
Tom E
magnet

Please let me know if I have left your name off the list.

I have also sent PMs to all those that showed interest in this thread.

Tell me there are more that want to get ahold of this beast!

Three things brought me over the edge

- threads not glued

- solid aluminum heatsink

• and there seems to be a driver retaining ring…

might even be enough space for a 26mm driver

fingers crossed for a screwed-in star…