HaikeLite MT03 & MT07 Group-buy Closed

Both my MT03 and my MT07 perform well—- they in no way put out the rated amount of lumens —the MT07 throws further than rated though—as far as the modes go —yeah not perfect but closer to what i like in the high mode(most high modes are way too low)—- I purchased these lights with the thought of them being Budget type lights to modify—- at $69 and $86 I feel I got my moneys worth—I have an X7 and a TN36 that I feel have certain quirks wrong with them

I wanted to come back and delete that stuff, my problems are with the lights and my personal issues I should keep to myself, I am sorry for even throwing that in because it has nothing really to do with anything, just let my thoughts get out of control and I will delete those comments.
Maybe I did expect to much, but I do know that I did not expect a absolutely perfect lights based on the reviews that pointed out the lights issues, all of which I considered minor, but really mine are way beyond minor, like not turning on at all, the MT07 is minor stuff but the 03 is just dead and I don’t know why but suspect that big reflector screw bouncing around in with the driver may not have helped any, so that is that and like normal I always say to much anyhow, without fail. I will figure it out, I looked at the Texas Ace drivers and one has Toms Narsil flashed on an E switch driver and I don’t really recall but it seemed to be perhaps a good driver for these MT03 lights, I don’t really know enough but I will learn I suppose.

I would be POd if mine were in that condition also—The part of no response on Haiklites part is suspect on getting any warranty work taken care of—Is it too late to file a dispute

No screw! :frowning:

then you’re screwed :stuck_out_tongue: haha

still nothing show up and getting beyond angry now.

why does it take longer to deliver to Australia compare to USA even though Australia is closer

i give it by mid next week is no show up then straight to paypal dispute.

I live in the middle of nowhere and got mine 2 days ago, yours shouldnt be far behind

thanks Trev

i will give it until next week as im running out of patient waiting for 1.5 months

Still waiting in Canada as well.

Tracking has been stalled for 27 days now.

No, no screw in yours but it does look to be laying flat, you don’t even have visible screw threaded holes unless they are hiding, the no screw probably did you a favor as Tom mentioned in a post.
But what you do have is some nice soldering,
Here’s a board that is lifted on the opposite side of the screw like what Tom mentioned could happen, and the soldering looks like it was done with a barely warm iron at best or I think called a cold solder joints, the pocket I think should have been 1-2mm deeper also ?

This is too bad
For reviews they sent the best units and to us they sent us the worst, rejected by quality control, garbage

This is mine from the review:

not a great solder joint on the L-, same uncleaned drill holes for the LED wires. Again, I'm not too concerned over the one screw. Actually it's better if it's a bit loose, not tightened. I think the main purpose of one screw is to keep the MCPCB from spinning.

Updated version (from their website)

Hmm, so all of the issues we’re having with these have now been corrected on the next version, that’s nice to know. lol
I wonder if the updated models are actually 8,000+ lumens like they claim, or around half that like mine is.

It appears that the four screws near the button are already a bit messed up…

Imagine if the silver color plate is black like the rest of the body and the screw heads are torx instead of Phillips, it would look more expensive.

Dang, that plate does look good!

I have luck with my MT03
The only “MOD” I’ve done is removing those plastic reverse polarity protection spacers.
I don’t have a proper lux meter, so can’t tell those numbers.

Overall I’m very pleased with the price/performance with this light.
Now I hope it lasts a long time.

You need to have your nails re-done :smiley:

That does look nice

Nice job aceall, if I didn’t know better I’d have thought that was the way it really looked now,
That looks really almost to good, you must be a graphics artist, only problem now is the silicone switch looks funny and might look even nicer I think if it was a S/S switch that had the voltage indicator lights around the edge of the switch to match the bezel…
That looks like a mans hand with a sort of green finger nail???

Thanks, yes I am graphic designer.

I took the image from Haikelite website so it is not my finger but yes I can agree, it look very… I don’t know, suspicious haha.