Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

Thread temporarily closed until tempers calm down.

Now that this post is open again, can we get an update?
I posted on the MT09R GB, and I’ve copied it here for those who haven’t seen it:

The above was posted on 4/30 and Terry has come on BLF since then but there has been no response. It is now May and we really haven’t gotten any solid feedback. It makes me think that this GB is not even remotely a concern to Terry. I think all of us who are part of the GB are entitled to an update, since we have already purchased the light from your website and paid for it.

He got home on Tuesday and has been catching up on orders. I would guess you will hear from him today or tomorrow.

TA thanks for responding. Too bad you’re not the one running this GB, it’s not even your GB and you’re the one responding for Terry.

Sorry guys. SB had forgotten to unlock the thread. I sent him a message late last night and he happily opened it up.

The SC26 order should have shipped and on the way.

Just so everyone knows my last 2 orders both got flagged in customs for inspection. I guess the more my name comes up the more attention I am getting.

Even the last order for the MT09R's was a week late only because of US customs inspection.

Hopefully that will not come up but even if it does all they do is hold it for 72 hours and open and inspect the shipment then release it to FedEx. So I'm adding that as a very good possibility and very slight delay if it happens.

I did get a single sample of the SC26 in the MT09R order but as TA said I am just slammed from being behind. I will try to get some details posted as soon as I have measured the output.

The UI seems a little more refined and the ramping is much better. I will get more details and possibly a short video posted while we wait for the shipment.

On a totally different note the green and blue MT09R's are now extremely limited so anyone that may have been thinking about that might want to get that order placed so I can get any wanting upgrades shipped to TA.

Thank you all so much for your support and patience...

It's almost over

.. whew...

Terry, thanks for responding and I just wanted to followup on your response.

yep, looking for some answers, something positive to go on. It’s been a looooong time. If no answers it’s probably refund time and if it shows up and is good then I will get one at a higher price …

This one I can answer, It is NOT a TA driver.

I offered to make one but they said they had it taken care of.

I’m sure there are legalities involved, they can’t just copy your driver.
I hope that that don’t take your ideas and work and sell without giving you a piece of the pie at least. Is there a patent on your driver?

Hope the rest of this saga goes smooth for you, (and us!), Terry.

You are not familiar with how Chinese manufacturer’s operate then. :slight_smile: They can and will copy anything from anyone.

It is china, copyright and patent laws only matter if your lawyers are wiping their butts with money.

For example I figure that the MT09R driver will end up in the MT03 even though I never said it could be used in that light.

Mostly I just want to make it clear that whatever they put out, it has no connection to me in case it has issues like the MT09R drivers.

The drivers are open source for personal use, so it is all out there for anyone to see. Commercial users are supposed to go through me and pay a licensing fee or pay me to build the driver for their light.

I see. So they already paid the fee and bow can use the driver software?

Well, they paid the fee for the MT09R ONLY and even there they only paid me half the asking price for the design, prototyping, firmware, testing ect, I only came down because I knew a lot of people had lights that didn’t work and I could not make that kind of quantity by hand. Technically they have not even paid me for that driver yet, they are supposed to once the samples are finished.

Any other lights they should be paying me a separate license fee for. Not like the fee is that much in the first place for a driver they know works and know will increase the value of the light.

Awesome, we have a video! :smiley: :+1:

[video:]Haikelite SC26 - YouTube

It looks like it has an identical feature as the original MT09R. When ramped down to lowest output, it jumps a bit to a higher output in the end, what a coincidence. The battery indicator also sort of alternates between solid and blinking, which I’ve experienced in my MT07S. The green looks awesome!

Edit:

Maybe he got an old original batch with the old driver, or a sample, and the GB gets a new different version?

looks like a nice light, I hope someone in EU will sell these.

Yep, I want a couple. If Banggood doesn’t sell these, I think I can order directly from Haikelite. :slight_smile: My green MT09R desperately wants a little brother!:slight_smile:

I requested a sample be sent to TA and I think even TA requested it as well. I honestly have no clue why there was not one provided for him. I actually had to pay my cost to get the one sample that I did get.

If I had been provided the samples that I requested I wanted to send out at least 2 but none of those ever came. I finally got a single SC26 that really I can't call a sample that came with the MT09R shipment but I had to purchase it.

I wish I could tell you why or why not those samples were not sent but I honestly just do not know..

Now really quickly to address my not having been on. My wife and I until day before yesterday were not here. We were moving everything from a small location in Arizona back here so there is only a single location.

My partner that also happens to be my father in law also moved back here as well so when TA was saying that I was traveling it was literally traveling.

We had 2 fully loaded 26 foot Uhaul trucks both pulling full size double axle trailers loaded with a car on each and had to drive the entire distance.

As soon as I got back I asked SB if he would unlock the thread (for those that may not know this thread was locked until just 2 or 3 days ago so no one could have posted anything)

The order on my part has been completed and paid. I have mo way to speed up or slow down the importing process.

These are large shipments and with all of the new tariff and importing tax laws being passed it is not only my importing but all importing that is getting bogged down. Worst part is that has not been in China, at least not the last 2 orders I finally received but, customs here in the U.S. that is slowing things.

The MT09R shipment was due in on a Friday and it in fact did arrive on a Friday, U.S. customs does not process on weekends so that added 2 extra days then on the following Monday when customs got back to work the shipment was flagged for inspection and that turned into another 72 hour delay. Naturally everything was in order and all documents were correct so it was released right after inspection and from there another 3 days to get from Chicago to my warehouse.

Importing more than a single item or a purchase for a single item is not as simple as most people think it is. Granted had the company not decided to add a ton of extra testing and even going as far as contracting a different company for getting the drivers from this could have already been long completed.

That is now all done and over and now it is just a matter of the shipment arriving.

Also lol please remember that at some point even I have to sleep.

Thanks for the support, this should all be completed very soon. I promise you that I am just as ready as you all are for these to arrive and shipped out.

I do not remember the size but it is posted on one of the earlier pages in this thread.

Better buy one quick there are almost gone...

I am going to do my best to get some data posted for you guys as soon as I can slow down enough to actually take a few minutes to do it.