Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

The ramping & UI look terrible :person_facepalming: . Could we have TA’s driver? :stuck_out_tongue:

… yea, we’ve been spoiled

After I see that light I am sure I will make a better driver for it, although hopefully it doesn’t have to be pressed into service because the stock drivers don’t work at all.

He did say the lights were held up because they were tweaking the driver and testing to make it right. He feels we will not be disappointed in these lights.
If the driver is not very good, at least we know there is a possibility we will be able to fix it with your driver

…. put me on the list for a Texas_Ace driver for the SC26 :wink: I’ll have Terry ship mine straight to TA for the driver swap. Deja Vu.

lol, well I need a light before I can even start working on a driver, so that might be awhile. Just something I am thinking about.

So again the questions have been dodged but thank you for sharing with us about the move of your warehouse Terry.
So based on Terry’s latest post there is no way to know if the shipment of sc26 has been sent out. Just that Terry made the order and paid for it, “The order on my part has been completed and paid. I have mo way to speed up or slow down the importing process.” That’s what I’m going to assume this means since there was no additional information on any shipment information.

But shouldn’t that have happened months ago when we all paid for our lights? Terry, is this the best update you can give? I know as a buyer, I’m tired of hearing your personal stories and I would just prefer you be more professional and give us the relevant updates. Terry were you one of those kids in school that never did your homework and told the teacher that your dog ate your homework?

It's been shipped I just do not have tracking information yet. Takes up to 3 days from the day they tell me it is shipped...

Also they do not run on weekends so chances are it will be tomorrow before I can update further.

@Texas Ace, couldn’t they just change the firmware to NarsilM on their own drivers?

Their drivers have great hardware wise, and NarsilM is open source.
So just flashing it if the microcontroller supports it should be much cheaper than trying to build new drivers.

Wouldn’t that be easier than trying to copy and build new drivers using your design?

Or they know that a FET light is less expensive than using a buck/boost driver, and they don’t want to redesign their own drivers.

Or since Github and Launchpad aren’t available in China, it makes things much harder.

You were supposed to have gotten one I honestly have no clue why you didn't get it.

From what I understood you were supposed to get 2... pretty sure you remember what I am talking about.

The hardware on which drivers is pretty good? The hardware on the MT09R drivers was the biggest problem, it was horrible.

The MCU they used was also incompatible with Narsil, the firmware you saw on the production lights was the best they could port Narsil over to that MCU.

In a nut shell they can try to do that but it didn’t work out the last time they tried.

In the case of the MT03, it uses the exact same driver as the MT09R, they just simply have to install it in the MT03. Which is why I am guessing they will without asking.

Navy Blue SC26 photobombs (videobombs?) MT03 review. You can see the deep lustrous slightly metallic finish of the Navy Blue version: it’s very sophisticated. :sunglasses:

[video:]Haikelite MT03 - YouTube

Ooh thanks for the clarification Texas Ace.

Well, supposedly they are using a different manufacturer for the driver so we will have to wait and see…

Yeah, I have heard of this new supplier but I am not sure if the SC26 was done before they started working with them or not. Like you said, we will have to wait and see.

Anyone received their charger yet? No response from Dale unfortunately…

Chunky hands holding a chunky light! :slight_smile: I know this is nicknamed “Fatty” and it sure looks fat in the video.

since Terry informed us he has received one of these, would be nice if he posts some specs and pictures/video?

I’m interested in one if they are still available. I’m very impressed with my MT09R so I think I found my new brand :laughing:

Does the navy blue match the blue of the MT09R?