Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

I sent Terry a message through Paypal requesting a refund as a first measure. If I don’t get a response VERY soon, I will absolutely open a claim. I believe that he claimed that he didn’t have the money because he sent it to Haikelite so I’m not very hopeful that he will issue the refund. I expect more silence. I am very happy that I used Paypal for their protection.

How long should I wait for a response? I’ve never had a dispute through Paypal and would like some guidance.

I am amazed that we could be lied to over and over. Simply amazed.

OMG, I completely didn’t expect this. I’ll wait for Terry to respond before I take any Paypal action. I had high hopes for the HL brand and thought Terry was going to help make it successful.

… claim filed, and escalated, thanks cellguy.

Don’t be foolish!!! Open a Paypal claim immediately. He did not pay Haikelite for the SC26 group buy, so what makes you think he will give your money back.

I completely retract my statement earlier giving Terry the shadow of a doubt. You guys, especially you vinte, we’re absolutely right.

wow so in other words all Terrys fault… way to go man! he took the lights and ran… this is awful BLF please ban this user from ever creating an account here!!

This explains his lack of communication— a simple thief in my world…

Remember, only one side of the story has been told so far.

We should all be careful to judge a man before even hearing his side of the story.

+1

Terry has the right to defend himself.

HL would lie if they got their money ? come on i know he is an american and u are defending him just because of that… this is ridicilous…… HL would on purpose lie if they got payment? I dont think u know how they do business in asia… nobody with dignity in a company would tell a obvious lie like that… explain his lack of communication in the sc26 gb thread then ??? HL has given enough time to wait for money that they never got simple as that, there is no other story of that all makes sense now.

All of us have heard Terry’s stories, and he stopped posting here. Maybe we should just pay again to see see if Terry will send out the SC26.

I am not defending him. I am saying what I would say about anyone being thrown under the bus without even having a chance to defend themselves. Lynch mobs were never my thing.

I honestly don’t know what the truth is and am not picking sides. I am not involved in this either way other then having heard bits and pieces of these issues from both parties as they were happening over the last few months.

As I said in the other thread, this all started from a misunderstanding and then it apparently spiraled out of control from there.

Whether everything makes sense does not change the fact that Terry has the right to defend himself. And I’m not American by the way.

Well this whole thing is very sad. I just opened my refund claim with paypal.

That’s funny. I also saw the “he’s american” part and thought “huh?”. It reminded me of when little kids argue: “Yeah? Well you’re a Bulls fan anyway, what do you expect from a Bulls fan?!”

I don’t know Terry or Haikelight official from Adam so just hoping Paypal comes through with refund.
I sure hope the FW3 Elegant Astrolux GB doesn’t end like this or I’m going back to Maglites.

Boy, the worst case scenario! Terry “seemed” so honest to me.

This “take the money and run” thing may not have happened here on BLF but it’s happened several times over on CPF over the years, even by long standing members who would suddenly disappear after taking boatloads of money for lights or modding work.

Thankfully it’s not a whole lot of money but it still sucks. In his defense, and I’m not really defending him here but I still want to hear from him. Maybe there’s a ray of hope this could still work out.

Terry doesn’t have much credit here as far as I am concerned. He does have the right to defend himself but he’s had the right for a while now and he has REFUSED to post here. For someone who claims he’s too busy, when it comes to selling lights and making new money, he’s found the time to post in plenty of places and to tell people lies that the shipment of SC26 had been shipped out. Terry has made many conflicting statements on the internet and directly to people who have messaged him.

Now, for those who don’t have their money in the game. You can be idealistic and make positive comments but I think the perspective is different for those of us who paid money and gave Terry trust and patience to carry out this GB. Here are the facts, Terry has the GB’s money and no product to show for it. Moreover, Terry has lied countless number of time about the SC26 shipment, arrival date, and having received a sample. I don’t see why HL would outright lie and tell everyone Terry hasn’t paid money, it unnecessarily creates a lot of drama and bad marketing for the company. And I want to point out no one came to HL’s defense about hearing their side of the story when people were blaming HL for the delays.

The biggest irony of this story is that, BLF members are so trusting of one another they don’t want to believe that Terry would betray BLF by pulling this scam of his. But I’m open to hearing Terry’s side of the story but we know how “patient” he is when it comes to complaints.

Terry says I’ll have my refund in a few days. :money_mouth_face:

I have been one of Terry’s most outspoken critics but let’s remeber that Haikelite’s reputation is on the line here too and it would be easy to exploit the mess Terry has made by disappearing. The issues with the MT09R were entirely in their control and I believe TA has not been properly paid for his work resolving it for them.

Terry absolutely has a right to defend himself. However, he has decided not to. Almost 3 weeks with not a single post from him, while he has been extremely active on other threads.

Most innocent people defend themselves. Just my 2 cents.

Here is the latest news on the SC26...

It appears that Haikelite did not accept .y offer to allow them to ship me lights in place of the service fee for having to find someone to design a new driver for the MT09R and then install over half of those myself.

You all know that just like TA my service or warranty work is not free. You the customers should not have to pay it as no one of it was your fault or responsibility but, as the only authorized service person by the company here in the US my service rate is 45.00 per hour.

This was my reply to Dale on Facebook the same reply applies here.

You lying. Pay your 5700.00 bill for all the drivers that I had to first find someone to design them install most of them myself. My hourly rate for service is 45.00 I've told you this is many email. Skype messages and on the telephone and I can prove it.

I also have invoices from customs for every order shipped to me that show what was paid for every product shipped to me... you forgot about that didn't you. The US customs office also keeps a record of that when the inspect each shipment.

What I do not have is the money my company billed you for all the work that my company had to perform in order to make those lights safe and possibly to sell.

I offered to let you send product in place of the bill but I guess you have chose not to do that.

Everyone here knows only 1 of 2 people installed all those drivers and they also know all the lights were defective when they arrived. So they will just as easily know I'm telling the truth.

You are all welcome to a full refund just as soon as Haikelite pays the bill for all of the service work performed on the MT09R in order to get them working safely...

The other thing Haikelite does not want you to know and I've been telling them from the day I finally got my SC26 sample about 4 or 5 weeks ago is that yet again the light does not perform to spec.

It averages 730 lumen and that is using a purple Efest 26650 one of the hottest 26650 cells around. I also tested it with a Keepower and was able to get 800 lumen for about 5 minutes the right back down to the 700's. As a last resort I used a spacer and tried a 30q. I got the same result as the KeepPower a few minutes at almost 800 lumen then back down to about 720 or 730.

That is close to 30 percent lower than promised spec and the worst part is I told them and still they did nothing to fix it or change it.

Haikelite as of today owes me over 5700 US dollars in warranty fees. From the MT09R which most of you also now know the truth about it as well and you all know either myself or TA had to install drivers I'm every single one of those prior to selling them.

I am pretty sure many from that group but are still trying to get a good driver.

I told you once I had a definite answer I would post it... and here it is.

We were away when I got the final answer so it should have been posted yesterday.

I offered to accept product in place of the service charge and I guess he and the partners decided not to pay at all.

You also know the reputation of the constant issues and I even tried defending these guy. Well now they owe us both.

They need to fix that light and can either pay me for the service work or I still say they can ship product in it's place but it must work correctly.

As soon as they send the payment which I've already billed them for in PayPal anyone wanting a refund is welcome to one. Unless the light is brought up to spec I would not sell it anyway not would I ship it like that to you.

It has take 2 weeks to get any kind of reply from Haikelite. Until today there was nothing new to post.

Wish it was better news but the it is what they have decided. It's their company if they want to throw it away they are welcome to.