Has anyone spotted Cree XML2 on sale??

You were right, I just checked the thickness of the copper star. The one I pulled is about 1mm thick, and the Led tech is about 1.5mm thick.

Wow, the xml2 on copper seems great, anyone selling these?
Been eagerly waiting for the xml2 to be available on shops that offer free shipping. :slight_smile:

Anyone find a source for single Cree XM-L2 CRI 90’s ?

An answer to my question is Mouser is selling the XMLBWT-00-0000-000US60Z7 and XMLBWT-00-0000-000US50E8 by the piece.
http://www.mouser.com/Optoelectronics/LED-Lighting/LED-Emitters/High-Power-LEDs-White/_/N-8usfj?Keyword=XMLBWT-00-0000-000US&FS=True&Ns=Default|0

Now on to finding a tutorial about reflow soldering.

IlluminationSupply has them cheap at $5 (T5 3C - says up to 90 CRI), looks like in stock, but emitter only also.

For those who are not aware.
There are currently 40+ XM-L2 emitters added in the LED database. (see my signature)

20mm CREE XM-L2 1150lm Cool White Bulb Board for Flashlight - Black + Grey

16mm CREE XM-L2 10W 1052lm White Bulb Board for Flashlight - Black

The only "3x" tints are those with 75CRI Typical. If you want Minimum 80CRI you can find it only on "5x" tints.

Page 14.

http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/Data%20and%20Binning/XLampXMBL.pdf

I think the 80/85/90 CRI mentioned is a general claim on the different XM-L2 leds made by Cree, and not the CRI of the actual emitter they sell.

I have now added these to the LED database… But I did not use the links above…
Are they affiliate links?

IO dropped their prices on the XM-L2 T6 1A on a star to $4.77 - wow, cheaper than XML U3's from FastTech. DX's price is more than 50% higher and unknown what the bin and tint are. Things are a-changing...

welp. Had to order some of those. Think I will reflow them all on to copper boards and then test them for output……

mmm… XM-L2 on copper…

-PG

I ordered U2 bin 1C tint Emmiters from Illumination supply and can confirm the tint and bin when installed on my TN-31, the beam intensity increased noticeably from the stock LED and the tint is much better than stock.

IOS has copper stars coming the end of April, cheap, and direct thermal path like SinkPAD's! 16mm and 20 mm sizes, 2 for $3.68, thats $1.84 each! LCK-LED is selling copper stars too, but probably not direct thermal path.

Will IOS also have XM-L2’s pre-mounted like LCK-LED is currently offering?

-PG

The LCK-LED listing is a little screwed up on the XM-L2, says T6 1C tint in the title, than says T6 0D tint in the description. I see they only charge $1.25 extras for copper star. No, don't see them being offered by IOS mounted. Right now the only XM-L2's begin offered by IOS is on clearance special, so I would think once they get new XM-L2 in stock and the copper stars in, they will offer them mounted, but only guessing right now.

I’m looking for XM-L2 U2 on a 12mm (kaidomain has it but doesnt seem to be round?)

delete.

Convoy, a friendly advice, don't spam