Hold onto your wallets. New Eagletac MT-G2 and XM-L2 lights

<p>This is just about what I think is the ideal set-up for the MT-G2, the looks are good too. Now if they'd just bring out the 4000k 80cri mt-g2 version of this light I may just forget about any modding plans with the mt-g2 and just spend the money.</p>

Whoever is planning to get rid of his just received “old” flashlights to refill his wallet,
can send me PM prior to starting new thread in WTS forum :bigsmile:

I take it this isn't available for sale anywhere yet? $)

Insteresting bit from the tech specs page:

LED direct soldering on copper for maximum heatsink ability

Interesting light, ouch on the wallet, probably stick to the SRK for my flooder lol

Can’t wait for someone to do a review on it is 138.00 $ correct?

$138… lol

hold on tight,must not press the panic button :~

Given that the original XML was overdriven to 7A successfully, I’m guessing the mtg2 and xml2 would be able to be driven just a bit more (on copper of course or water cooled).
But I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone overdriving an mtg2 upwards of 5A.

when that time comes, I’m gonna looking for one too :smiley:
is MT-G2 draining battery fast at their recommended amperage drawn?

I think that both the XM-L and MT-G2 are spec’ed for max forward current of 3000 mA, so current drain would be same at the “recommended” draw.

Jim

3A at 6v is double the wattage of 3A at 3v. MTG2 tailcap current will double and runtime halve. My S1100 mutant still does over one hour continuous on high, long before the cells go flat you'll be searching for some welding gloves if you want to be able to hold the thing anyway.

I personally won’t buy this one, but it sure is awesome to see what may be coming down the pike from other manufactures!!!

these lights are nice

personally im saving for a multi mtg2 or mkr light

3-6 months? maybe well see some?

still looking forward to a review of these though

No, you must buy single emitter first before buying multi emitter. But I am thinking the same. Wonder will there be 8000 lumens 4*mtg2.

Multi MTG2 would be awesome

Couldn't be very small though. 4xMTG2 driven at 3-3.5A each... that would require a lot of batteries, and lots of mass to deal with the heat.

That will be about 70 to 80 watt? And active cooling using fan to have less weight. And 9x18650. I think it should be about 2kg in weight. That will be brighter than most HID.

I found out by checking out this light that there is a retail store less then 2 hours away that has many chinese flashlights for sale, planning road trip… :smiley: