How do you carry your EDC light?

There once was a guy named Jack

For whom limericks were not unlike crack

He exclaimed with a sigh

“I’ll stop, really, I’ll try!”

But in the end the limericks came back.

That was quick! I might have guessed you would be the one to catch it. LMAO Amazing how just one little ole N can change the whole context.

Keith (who has gone down the ANALS of history)

I will go check it out when I get back in. I am supposed to be outside doing something. This board is gonna get me killed. I have to use the "watch me" function option so I don"t get mixed up.

Keith

Usually one on my belt in a holster, and one on each of the three sets of keys I normally carry. Plus a headlamp or two in the work bag.

I notice there isn't a light on the keys to my folks' house - time to decide what to put on that. I use lights as key fobs in general.

My Fenix E01 is carried on my keychain 24/7. I’m a simple guy and I don’t like having my pockets cluttered with clips and all of that jazz.

In a bag , didn’t have a torch when this photo was taken

Is that comb made out of wood?

Black cat with a random clip from a screwdriver and a small lanyard for easy access, you don’t even know it’s there.

I always carry my EDC lights in holsters. No reason to get 'em all scratched up, when they're not even in use. Is it a little less convenient, to quickly access them? Yes, for some (those that are holstered, and in cargo pockets, rather than on a belt); but the ones I access all the time are on my belt. Do I get remarks from others, like "Batman", Mr. Gadget", "McGuyver" - sure. Do I care? Nope. Not any more. The stuff I need is handy and in arm's reach, and protected when not in use. The same holds true for my primary EDC knife (but that's another thread). I like the idea of redundancy in useful tools, and I use lights really often, since they're so readily available. Besides, different lights have different features, so it's nice to have all the needed features available (which, for me, means carrying multiple lights). The only time I ever opted to just use the clip on a light (for EDC) was with a Jetbeam RRT-0 - a great little light, but the clip came loose (or something), and I lost that light very quickly - and forever. NEVER again with the clips. I'll stick with holsters, thank you very much.

Exactly why I don’t care for clips.

Always have Streamlight nano or Egear pico on my keys (depending which car). ALWAYS on me.

90% of the time also have my Peak Eiger QTC hi CRI on paracord necklace.

When not at work I typically have some sort of CR123 higher power light — in nylon sheath or plastic tube (yes, I am a little OCD) — in my pocket. Could be ZL sc80w, Aurora SH0034…. or BLF Mini01 in the near future. :slight_smile: While at work these ride in my laptop bag instead.

PS - I don’t care for clips much either. Especially when they scratch the anodized finish! grrrr

Does the work van count as edc? If so, I carry a c8 q5 in my electrical box/bag, a keygos m10 and jm05 clone on the front seat and I’m waiting on an edc18650 to build into a true edc light. I also have a few 5mm led “paddle” lights and a couple of the cheap AAA magnet lights tray are supprisingly handy under a vehicle. If I’m off out, it depends on my attire. My apex st6 is my dress light, if I’m in my camo kagoole, I throw whatever takes my fancy in the front pouch, that could swallow a tk70 if need be….