How do you deal with anger?

Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE).

Ah, yes. I forgot about good ol’ Grndl and Aggrotech Therapy. :laughing:

And when you want to cool down and get mellow…

My friend said that when he is starting to feel stabby that he goes home, puts on the heavy metal, digs out the crack pipe and cleans his guns, I suggested a hot bath but he said it makes the guns rust.

When I was in my working life.
I operated very large. Machinery and cranes.
With lotsa people working around and on my working end.
100ton plus dragline buckets swinging around their cabs.
and up to 600 ton Crane loads. Fingers. strops. Bolt alignments etc

Whenever I felt ANY mental disturbance at all.

SSTOP The machine. Get out of cab. Walk around/have a drink. THINK.
WHY.
Relax……Sort it first.
Then get back in and work again.

I was very volatile when in early teens. but grew out of that.
After a while the bruises catch up with your brain.

If you want to annoy the fuck out of someone mirror them. I find that people who piss me off are a mirror of myself.

Angry?
Sometimes sure.

I might pick up a few flashlights when it’s dark <<———->> and have a little fun.

Or ink up a couple fountain pens and write something new.

Or spin one of my beautiful precision tops until it stops.

That is some of my mad mitigation technique, dammit.

Hahaha hohoho tweedledee. Hard to stay mad for very long

I start hitting people
and I feel so much better afterwards :smiley:

lock my room and watch anime all day long.

I’m a very lax person and don’t get angry much. Once in a while I might get a bit worked up without realising it and the missus will reel me in. If I do make it to the point of being pissed off I usually try to keep away from the family (they’re all girls). If I can’t physically distance myself then my responses to them are short and gruff and they’ll realise to leave me alone.

‘Aggrotech Therapy’ (as Lightbringer puts it) at max volume works for me. I used to have a speed ball too but got rid of it due to shoulder issues.

I know someone that uses. He’s generally quiet but can easily get angry. I think he’s cooked his brain because he’s got mental health issues.

depends on whether I think I can affect/change the cause of my anger
I try to direct my energy to change the situation if I can
If not I usually just sulk and sip brandy

12 steps of AA. Without that I'd be dead.
Deep breathing (pranayama) and yoga.
In season-gardening. Winter is hard-fuels anger. Have SAD and there's pretty much no sun for months at a time in Pa.
Good hard walk with the dogs. In summer I do night walks and you know what that means!
Big time: got rid of sugar and dairy as part of anti inflammatory food plan because of arthritis and joint pain. Side bennie: No more sugar rages or cravings. No more running to the bathroom 5 minutes after eating. (dairy)

Welp... no way I use drugs but you do get the swiped meme award for the day!

Distinguishing between anger and one’s reaction to anger would be important.

Working out and aggressive music could be good ways to deal with anger. The build up of energy and motivation can be harnessed. Unharnessed, it’s not difficult to imagine problems.

The reaction to the anger is a question of self-control. As for the source of the anger, it might depend on many internal and external factors, some legitimate and others less so.

As for me, I have the opposite “problem.” It takes a fair bit for me to get angry, and then quite a lot more for me to react. Ironically, being calm in a conflict situation makes some people even angrier. I find it so silly and I have to keep myself from laughing, because if even a hint of a smile gets through, some go ballistic. Lesson: if you want to know others’ insecurities, simply be silent, and they will tell you… emphatically.

This is good advice. Physical workouts can help. Just don’t load up on testosterone. Those supplements are a scam.

What makes you angry? What’s the trigger? If you can’t figure it out, then, it’s what I call “incremental” anger. Little things that tick you off, that you suppress, that add up until you explode on something completely misdirected. Anger is useful as a sign to let you know something’s up. Most guys don’t talk about what bothers them. This contributes to that “incremental” thing i mentioned.

Another thing is perception of being wronged. Feeling disrespected. There are people who are triggered by perception of insults. What they don’t get is that insults are MEANINGLESS unless someone knows you. Otherwise, it’s just all surface shit. That’s how I totally diffused it. If some random stranger makes an insult, I laugh it off. They don’t know me. They’re an idiot who one day will get clobbered for their carelessness. I won’t do it. But someone else will. I feel pity and walk away.

Btw, taking drugs only masks the underlying problem. Just delays it. Doesn’t solve it.

buy more flashlight to keep u happy and calm ahaha.

Thanks for all the comments!

It helps to see i am not the only one lol.

I’M NOT ANGRY, JUST DISGUSTED!

NO, YOU CALM DOWN!

Just deal with the source of anger. :smiley:

Some times this is out of our control? Unless you mean “deal” lol

Throw tools. This usually causes more problems when they unintentionally break other things…