How Hot where You Are?

Sounds like a great trip for sure. Last time I was on Oahu (20 yrs ago) I think we had 20 of us staying in a house on the north shore. Definitely good times. :smiley: Thanks to my well to do father in law, who got sick at the last minute and couldnā€™t make the trip. :person_facepalming:

We havenā€™t been to Hawaii in probably 10 years but it sure is a great place to visit for a stress-free and relaxing vacation. Will definitely have a good time wandering around and eating everything we can :slight_smile:

Best vacation I ever had was to Uganda since it was way way different from places we usually travel to. Got to see non-caged wildlife and other things Iā€™ll never see again.

Pleasantly cool 27Ā° here, with a nice crisp breeze. Forecast says it can get up to 30, which is nice. Humidity is so horribly low, though, the cuticles of my fingers are actually detaching from my fingernails. No one can have a good night of sleep without either a humidifier on or at least a wet towel hung in the bedroom.

Unfortunately it wonā€™t be a month until weā€™re living between 25 degrees at night and 37 in the early afternoon, with the air moisture going as low as 15%. Itā€™s like that every god damn year.

Canā€™t wait for the rains to come back.

Saturday was way to hot! Had 2 kids at a music camp and had to move them out between 11 and noon, thought I was going to melt. The dorm and concert hall a/c could not keep up with the number of people present and was just not good even inside. We hit 97 with with humidity in the upper 80ā€™s. The haze was just nasty and every fly in the county was hungry.

It's actually relatively humid here.

Most of time, it's pretty dry in the desert.

We cannot run the swamp coolers because it's so humid.

It might even rain between now and Wednesday.

EDIT:

It's raining right now!

South Carolina. Hot AF. Itā€™s a wet heat.

You said something about rain?

At least itā€™ll wash off my carā€¦

I visited my older sister when she lived in central Florida, for about a week.

It was in the summer, but surprisingly, it was not humid.

I just lucked out big time!

When I was driving on Long Island NY on Saturday, my carā€™s outside air temperature gauge read 104 F. The high in an around the Eastern end was in the upper 90ā€™s, but with humidity it felt like a little over 100 F. That humidity was a real nasty magnifier.

Yeah, sure looks like some super storm cells coming through the NY metro area.

30*C here today 32*C forecast for tomorrow, 22*C ish & rain on Friday ,canā€™t wait.

Over the weekend I was actually longing for Snowzilla or at least Snowpocalypse from a few years ago.

Here at work, you can hang meat they got it so fā€™n cold. Everyoneā€™s always bundled up like Yoda. And I got my InfernoĀ 3000ā„¢ space-heater cranked up to ā€œDresdenā€ just to get some feeling back in my extremities.

Iā€™m stationed in the early afternoon at a spot where the sun directly hits the wall behind me. It was at the very least 33Ā° inside there, and because of ā€œcontingenciesā€ we canā€™t turn on the AC. Not someplace you want to be stuck in while wearing jeans and a polo with undershirt.

There's a vivid reference!

Have you read Slaughterhouse-Five?

Uhh, no?

Vonnegut, no?

If it ends up as a Jason Statham movie, Iā€™ll probably catch it, though.

They made a movie out of it, but it wasn't an action film.

(I didn't see the movie.)

The book takes place in WWII Germany when Dresden was firebombed.

It's partly an autobiographical book, and part sci-fi.

It's an excellent read--probably Vonnegut's best.

Hmm. Iā€™m not much into reading, strangely enough. Oh, trade rags, stuff on Der Innernet, etc., sure, but books are slow-going for me, almost tedious.

Will give it a once-over, though. Maybe thereā€™s a .pdf of it floating around out there.

But yeah, some most times Iā€™ll make a crack like that and get vacuous stares. ā€œDresden? Huh?ā€

When I was in college, I discovered The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I read all five books in the series, then tried for at least a year to find books that were just as good.

I never found any books that were as good, so I quit reading books.

I think I read Slaughterhouse Five in high school, then read some more Vonnegut later.

I read The Sirens of Titan (by Vonnegut) and became extremely depressed, as the book and my life were depressing at the time.

That was one of the last books I ever read.

Right now. 7-23 @ 5pm

Itā€™s always hot in Miami, especially at nights. It never cools down. The winter before last, I had the A/C off for 5+ months from November into April and it was glorious.

Iā€™ve pretty much been in non-stop A/C for the past 13 years, lol.

It was at least 90*F on my patio today, in the shade, with about 83% humidityā€¦and I was drinking coffee out there!

Chris

Iā€™ve found some good stuff on .pdfs or similar, like ā€œThe Parlement Of Foulesā€, ā€œObstinate Uncle Otisā€, and ā€œFlowers For Algernonā€, precisely because theyā€™re short enough to fit into a .pdf. Longer books, I get bored/distracted easily. Very easily. As in reading 100pp and not knowing wotnahell happened.

Aaaah, 71 listed outside, still 78Ā°/49% inside, though.

Coolest day of the week, gonna get hotter, but at least not fiendishly hot like this past weekend (with no AC). :confounded: