Hurry up and get to Walmart!

Like a good flashaholic! So do I. Been up and down those isles a million times, but always have to check!

-Garry

That's how Lowe's is around here-real losers. That's how I got the B&D... routine checking.

Rich

me too - always check - and that's how I know they don't have them, despite the website saying my store has stock

i'll ask customer service to check the sku next time i'm there

Tested out the Duracell Daylight tonight. At first I wasn't too impressed, but then the more I thought about it the more I realized how good it does for only being 80 lumens! It focuses all the light into "spot" and creates a pretty wide spot (guessing about 3 1/2 feet wide at 20 feet away). I'd say it's usable up to about 200, maybe 250 feet. I have a tree line 250 feet behind my house and it barely lights it up. Would love to see this thing with a hard driven XM-L just blast some serious light output!

-Garry

This picture looks like so good.If it is the best online price ,i will take it.

went to walmart this morning

the hanger for the 3watt alkaline spotlight was empty - price $19.88

asked a clerk and she checked the system - said they should have 18 of them in stock, no where to be found

she said they'd been hit by shoplifters and maybe that's what happened - they come in and clear out an item....so she says anyway

i think they're dumb and clearanced them long ago w/o putting it in the system

I would buy the shoplifter story... I know Wal-Mart has a lot of shoplifting going on. I visited my local Wal-Mart early one morning and the sporting goods counter clerk had several opened packages on the counter, and they were covered with blood. She told me a shoplifter had tried to shoplift a knife, along with several other items, but cut himself very badly (apparently) because they were able to follow a trail of blood all the way out of the store. We live about a 2-hour drive from a former Wal-Mart store that was forced to close due to excessive shoplifting actually making the store unprofitable.

oh, i believe they're getting plenty of stuff lifted, I just think I saw the lights on clearance like 6 months ago and shamefully didn't buy one

I checked my local Walmart this morning and only saw B&D Rechargeable LED spotlights not the ones mentioned here. I've seen them before, but didn't see them on clearance.

-Garry

note it is 3 watt and the stanley is 5 - otherwise very similar - the stanley is the same price on line as the b&d is in store

i wish it was the reverse, as I prefer orange

I just bought and used the 4c B&D light last night and this thing is crazy bright. Lots of throw, easy 200m illumination out of the box. I'm very happy with it for $20.

Chicago, You ever disassemble this Duracell Daylight spotlight? Pics? Heatsink size and material?

-Garry

I started tearing into it last night, and due to the glue holding the bezel on, it will be bandsawed and the reflector harvested.

Disappointing.

So it's "un-moddable" as is, eh? Hmm. . . shucks. Oh well.

-Garry

yes, disappointing. thanks for the info. I'm glad i held off on one I found on the web for $15 shipped.

the market for an aluminum pistol grip style host is wiiiide open...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-2M-Series-Spotlight/14560018

Stanley 2M Series Spotlight on clearance for 10 bucks

Spotted this on reddit

It’s on clearance for $6.27 from $39.99. You can check your local walmart inventory here:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=713533562

I considered it but it’s all snap-together plastic that doesn’t reassemble if you try to get at the innards. Not worth contact with the maskless zombies in my local Walmart

Once you get past the glued bezel and glued rubber cover it’s easy to disassemble / reassemble. The plastic battery/driver compartment slides in and out.

Taken to bits

Lens and reflector are plastic, the body is aluminum

MCPCB measure 85.4mm x 1.4mm. It is held down by 2 screws/ small amount of thermal paste. They are driven in 3v parallel.

1 of 9 leds

Shelf
Measures 86.5mm, roughly 9mm depth, has tapered hole in center and is not completely flat :person_facepalming:

Plastic driver/battery/charger compartment. Slides out from the bottom

3 mode Driver: High (3.4A), Low (1A), Strobe

Tab welded 18650 2600mah (untested)

Charging circuit (untested)

Walmart currently has BalanceFrom 300 lb cast iron weight set for $300

300 pounds set: 1x 7 feet Olympic Barbell (45 lbs), 2x 2.5lb, 4x 5lb, 2x 10lb, 2x 25lb, 2x 35lb, 2x 45lb cast iron plates

Style #2 was $200 but it just went out of stock, currently they have “style #6” for $266.32. shipped and sold by walmart. one caveat is shipping seems to be hit and miss for this particular item. It’s shipped in multiple packages via fedex.

They also have Bumper plates $160 for $160 and $200 for 260lb