If you could only have 1 flashlight??? :(

Probably MH12GT.
USB charging, decent EDC size, uses 18650 battery for highest energy density, longest throw of any 1” tube light, great build quality and UI.

Zebralight H52W

Nitecore SRT 9. It can cover from “night light” all the way up to “make day ahead”, it’s - sort of - pocketable, it has my favorite UI (variable output via magnetic ring), it’s a Nitecore so - according to my experience - I don’t expect it to die anytime soon, “police strobe” could be useful to slowing down traffic in case of a road accident.

Tough question… for only one light it might have to be a light that I lost a while back…Olight S1. It was small enough to take anywhere and bright enough for most situations. Moonlight can last for days. Of all the different settings and modes, moonlight is probably my most often used feature. I would miss the throw (and UI) of my D1 so that one’s a close 2nd place.

“Different tools for different jobs.”

That’s kinda like asking a mechanic if he had a choice of only 2 tools, which would they be?

I’d assume an EDC, so I wouldn’t be carrying around a Q8.

14500 would be nice but it’s small and limited in oomf, so I’d stick with 18650s.

The SP32A v2 kicks arse, can keep it set to moonlight yet 2click to turbo instantly.

The UT20 has a nice rear FC switch for flash’n’dash.

Either one of those. Maybe both. Yeah, both. I reject the 1-per limitation and will take both with me. So there.

Agree! But with the Butler Creek #3 Blizzard scope cover installed. Such an inexpensive wonderful light.

But…IF ONLY I could have just one light…IMPOSSIBLE!

Rofis MR70

I see the Emisar D4 Nichia 219C is a popular combo. Now I want one. :exclamation: Of the 3 emitter options , please tell me the great draw to this 219C as I have never experienced it.

If I could only have 1 flashlight I would pick a thrower, they work for both short and long range environments. Probably a C8.

For me, a C8 (with balanced beam) style light, or the Eagle Eye X6

If I had to have only 1 flashlight I would ponder 1 of 2 options: an AA (or multiple AA) flashlight, or a 18650.

In the first case, as I don’t like bulky or much long lights, I would probably get a small AA 1, such as the Manker E11, or Sofirn SP10A/B, or even the SF14. (both have good UIs and considerably nice beams). Batteries are easy to find on this format, so rechargeables are not needed :stuck_out_tongue:

In the second case, for just 1 light, a good UI would be my 1st choice, then the possibility to charge it without an extra charger (for 1 light only, having a separate charger would be toooo much :smiley: ) and then the beam/tint.
In this case, and looking to all my lights/experiences, I would get the Olight M2R Warrior. If I had to have only one, this would be it!!!

[BTW, if 1 flashlight + 1 single cell charger + 1 extra 18650 / 18350 was applicable, I would get a Convoy S2+ triple, Neutral white, with guppy3drv or Bistro UI!!! But this was only if I could have more than 1 simple flashlight and a charging cable :smiling_imp: ]

Who said EDC!?
I’d go for the BLF Q8 - can run on 1 to 4 18650.

If I could only have one flashlight I would take yours .

Then I would have two

Then I’ll take your 2 and I will have 3 flashlights. lol

My Convoy S2+ XP-L HI w/biscotti would probably be it. It can be jack of all trades, if need be, and is still easily pocketable.

Probably the Zebralight SC64w or maybe the Emisar D1. But I don’t own both of these lights, because I don’t like ‘’general use’’ lights, I like specific EDCs, flooders or throwers (so I need more lights :sunglasses: ) .

Out of the lights I own it would probably be the 2014 D25Cti with biscotti driver, 4000k 219c and trits.

Sofirn C8F. That would do me.

... If you can only have one flashlight it would have to be the best headlamp you could get your hands on .

That would mean a zebralight is out since it's basically unmoddable and unfixable.Where a Skillhunt H03 is about 60% cheaper and easy to mod both battery type and emitter .

paid 25$-30$ for the skillhunts and as much as i love the zebralights I'd still rather have three headlamps that can be upgraded for the same price .

This: