Ikea ladda ready to use

Are there chargers around that have this feature at present?

I noted that in the tests that were cited the GP came out after the Ikea cells. Then when I saw the pictures of the Ikea cells, I was amazed at how much they look like the GP cells. I’d guess it’s more than co-incidence, I’d wager that GP makes Ikea’s cell for them and that the GP Recyko are the same thing:

thank you for the detailed reply, I am leaning towards the Maha but need justify the investment. I’m working onit! I dunno if correct but I read you can press SLOT and that cycles the next display.

Yes, that does it, it will cycle to the NEXT slot, but it will not allow you to cycle through the current slots information faster, either that option or all four slots simultaneously is what Id like to see in it ;)!

And youre welcome, I had this debate “to MAHA C9000 or not to” almost two years ago myself, as far as I know its the highest level that you can go with NiMh rechargeables and it doesnt cost you that much, 3 year warranty as thus far excellent customer service(they are shipping my charger to Europe(at my expense tho, but thats fine, since European dealer Enerdan has not replied my e-mails this is my only viable option to get it serviced under warranty), even tho they are supposed to cover only USA located warranty claims) you cant go wrong with it ;)!

IF you decide that youd like to have C9000 little brother/sister, then Shan SH-168DLCD might be a good choice in case buying from international sellers is the only option for you ;)! It came in white also, but now I see that it has sold out.
Avoid this POS it looks like garbage, beaten up/scratched and batteries are pain to remove from it!

I have the c 9000 and I think it’s worth they money but in the end it depends on your usage. For me it was kid toys, you would be surprised how many items require three batteries. There are very few chargers, at least here in Canada and sold at retailers that can charge individually.

I think I will bite the bullet and go for the Maha, it’s tried and tested. I already have a whole bunch of the Ikea batts and some Eneloops on order.

thanks guys, this forum is making my wallet lighter everyday lool

I have both, and their size is quite different. ikeas are smaller than recykos, i have a device where recykos won’t fit, and i used the ikeas inside, that is why i noticed the difference.
they are is 1ish millimeter less in diameter

sorry, not 1 millimeter, but a tenth(isn) (0.13-0.15). enough for noticing the difference in my remote

Hmm, that’s interesting. Then that would account for why the tests were also different. Maybe GP still made them for Ikea but had to supply a slightly better chemistry. So now it would seem those voltage tests would be the next good thing to be able to look at. I’ve got tons of those same Recyko cells here, but no real way to test them reliably.

The recyko I used are a bit different than the ones on the picture. Mine are most likely an older generation.

What’s interesting about your picture is I can see the button top is different. So it would appear there is less evidence to support my theory that the Ladda’s might be GP Cells after all. So then it begs the question, I wonder who is rebranding their cells for them, could it be Sanyo?

Sanyo eneloops claims 1800 or even 2000 recharge cycles, ladda 500 and recyko 1000….

I once read in times these LSD were new that a lot of the not eneloop cells were the same but I am not sure if this is still today….
The design is really similiar between ladda and gp.

Another GP Recyko ?

The 50 cycles are done!
1A charge, 0.5A discharge. Max continuous cycle on the maha is 12, so did 4x 12 cycles and 1x 2cycles

The discharges values did not change much during the test.
I did not check every single cycle, but from the cycles I did check there is a 37mAh difference between the highest and lowest for the eneloop and 34mAh for the ladda.

The lowest rating for the ladda being the 5th cycle and the highest the 25th cycle
And lowest for eneloop being the 50th cycle and the highest the 13th.
So all in all pretty consistent and since the values change from cycle to cycle pretty normal differences if you ask me.

I’ll keep the batteries in the maha for the night to let them fully top off and equalize differences in finish time.
Since the eneloop has lesser capacity, it discharges quicker and charges faster so there are a couple of hours between when the eneloop finished it’s last 2 cycles and when the ladda finished.

Will try do the load test tomorrow, can’t wait for the results!

Alright!
The results are in!
Used the same setup as the last time (accucel-6 1A discharge, cutoff 0,9V@ the accucel which is around 1V on my multimeter, same test leads, same battery cradle, measurements taken every minute from my multimeter)

The first 2 graphs are the batteries results against their own previous results.
They either charged better this time or giving them some more cycles did improve their abilities.
The eneloop did not gain much capacity according to my accucel but did do better in maintaining voltage.
Same for the ladda although it showed a bit better capacity.

And for reference the first ladda en eneloop test

I think the results speak for themself.
In the first test the eneloop only maintained a higher voltage for 10 minutes, but in the second test it was able to stay ahead for 30 minutes. But both batteries performed at a higher discharge voltage the whole time compared to their first test.
Seeing that the eneloop performs better for a longer time could be due to quicker degradation of the ladda after these 50 cycles. Could be possible since the ladda was rated for 500 cycles so it has 10% of it’s lifetime and the eneloop is rated for 1800 cycles so it’s only at 3%.

All in all I’m pretty happy with the results. Looking at the price difference and looking at the fact that the ladda still perform really good after 50 cycles they are a great addition to ones battery-collection.

And btw, the eneloop price I bought them for in the first post has risen. It’s now around 12.5$ for 4 eneloop. The ikea ones are still around 5.5$.

Thank's for your work!

Very satifying result - if you have bought a lot of Ladda

- like I have

Thanks for the hardcore test. 50 cycles will be more than average people will ever do with a battery anyway.

Thanks for such an indepth review, now you should order some Turnigy AA batteries and do the same :D!

I think that’ll be for someone else to test :stuck_out_tongue:
The test itself isn’t the problem, but I’m not planning on ordering anything from hobbyking soon and the shipping cost is a deal-breaker in ordering a couple of batteries alone.

Detail the process, Ill consider doing it if Im capable. Im ordering a PSU and Icharger 106B from them.

With the 106b you would be able to do even better test as I am only capable of doing maximum 1A discharge!

But my test method is fairly simple.
I used an accucel-6, an aa battery holder, a multimeter, a computer and a webcam.
Put battery in holder, attach hobbycharger and multimeter to batteryholder, point webcam at multimeter display and run an autocapture software. In my case I used tincam http://www.tincam.com/ put it at 1 minute interval so it would take a picture every minute of the multimeter screen.
This way during the discharge I get a picture with a voltage reading every minute which I have put in an excel file afterwards and created a graph with this data.

But in your case it will be simpler I guess. The icharger 106b has the ability to log directly on a computer if I’m correct, so no need for manual readouts and webcam and such.