Ikea ladda ready to use

Yes, I use the free program "LogView" with my 106b.

Thank Christ for that. I dont have a webcam, no intention of ever getting one either. Maybe when i have grandkids, who live miles away Ill want to Skype or whatever, I dont now. I hate phones etc.

So how many batts will I need to get a reliable result?
What is the process (I dont mean connecting the gear)? Ive not done anything like it before. Ive not discharged cells outside of the devices that use them. Do I use different C rates? Do I need many sets of batts? etc

Might make for an interesting first second play with my gear. I will be charging some Li Ions first.

Well, in my case I used 2 ladda batteries for the first test and 1 for the 2nd test after 50 cycles.
More batteries are always better, but require more time and effort (especially the way I need to do it) If you also want to test the LSD capacity I think you should order 4, to do a 1month, 3 month, 6month and 1year discharge test.

I used an 1A charge 0.5A discharge. The turnigy claim 2400mAh vs the ladda’s 2000 claim so maybe you will need to charge at 1.2A and discharge at 0.6 to get the same C ratings.

I used a maha c9000 for charging and discharge but it should not matter if you used the icharger.
The first time I used a break in. Don’t know if the icharger also has this function, but it’s a 16hour 0.1C charge, followed by a 0.2C discharge and another 16hour 0.1C charge.

Than I did the load test, a 1A charge and waited 1 month for the LSD test.
After this I did 50 cycles on my maha and this will take some time so if you want to do this on your icharger be prepared not to use it for a while.
And than another 1A load test and I was done.

That’s how I did it.

Here I am again with the results of the 3month LSD test.

AA#2
Initial discharge value: 2072
Discharge value after 3 months: 1693
% left: 81,71%

AAA#2
Initial discharge value: 807
Discharge value after 3 months: 600
% left: 74,35%

Compared with the 1month test the AA lost another 4,45% and the AAA lost another 9,02%.

See you back in june for the 6months test!

thank you

I bought a bunch of LADDA AA and some 3xAA to D adapters and replaced some D-cells in different applications. Works great!

I have a bunch of these 2000mah Ikea ” Ladda” cells, they are not bad for the price. ( paid $ 5 bucks for 4-pack) not as solid as Eneloops, but better than some other brands that cost more.

I think all the stock have a “Production Date” of 2013-06-06. I tested the pack I bought in May 2014 and each cell registered around 1.29v before I started to recharge them. So in 11 months lost only 9% of resting voltage !

6 months have passed so it is time for another update!

LADDA AA #3
start capacity: 2063mAh
Remaining capacity after 6 months: 1491mAh
Remaining percentage: 72,27%

LADDA AAA #3
Starting capacity: 813mAh
Remaining capacity 612mAh
Remaining percentage: 75,28%

The 3 month AA test had a remaining capacity of 81,71%
The 3 month AAA test had a remaining capacity of 74,35%

So either the AAA’s selfdischarging stops around 75% or the previous test had a wrong termination with charging or discharging.

So far the results and will update again in december for the final test, the 1 year test.

Keep up the good work - Dank u !

Thank you for doing these tests. I now have several Ladda batteries in my stock and they are performing well for me. Great post and great work. :-)

Hi,

I have just spotted new batch of LADDA AA NiMHs, the difference is:

- PD is embossed (“PD 2013-08-16”) (vs. printed)

• there are three venting holes (vs. four)

just picked up some AAs and AAAs and they had 4 venting holes. Will have to look at the dates…

It seems that new type of AA LADDAs have lower capacity, 2000mAh (vs. 2100mAh) (0.5A discharge)
(under investigation, most likely measured in 2nd or 3rd cycle)

if you have a costco nearby, they now have the 4th gen Eneloop pack with 10AAs, 4AAAs and charger for $30.

Great thread! Thanks for the tests JohnnyDoe.

Just saw this from Mark at ultrasmartcharger. Looks like they are pretty good for 400 tough cycles.

Ikea Ladda (AA) Accelerated Cycle Testing
http://www.ultrasmartcharger.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=78

Nice find!

For the price the LADDA’s are really great and a good and safer alternative than alkalines for most applications.
I’d rather charge once every several months than take the risk to have a leak.

In 2 months I will do the 12month discharge test which will end my research on these. But since the start of this, I’ve stocked up on several of these and advised several people to buy them, who would never buy eneloops due to the price. I’m happy with them and haven’t heard complaints

so far i have been running a couple sets since last spring in my EA4W and Camera flash, they are holding up well and have a good capacity for only $ 6 bucks a pack of four. Looks like i will stock up on more of these.

After the test is done you should start the same test with the new batch :wink: