is candlepowerforums gone??

CPF is a great community. I registered there last year and just came to know about here this month...Both are great. You have just to adapt to whatever rules they deem fit for "their" boards...

Its as IRL where you live with the rules of whatever country you go in,

, except in their case, that country is North Korea.

Here's a PERFECT example of what happens to those who offer help of any kind, even bringing attention to a potential loss of revenue. It's a look into a very sick mind:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?325937-The-content-of-this-site-is-been-ripped-off-and-posted-on-other-sites

It's mainly nothing but "know it all" types over there. Everybody is out to prove that they know more than the next guy.

I initially thought you were criticizing the OP. :p

I'm actually with Greta on this one. She was just being blunt and to the point.

Yeah I saw that, I was very surprised at the no comments too (good review!.)

I didnt comment there since I never post much there (and its often down or slow, I just registered to see what I was missing, turns out not too much.)

BLF is a better forum.

YEAH !!!!

I was treated so poorly that I thought it was some kind of initiation...

R.I.P. Bltches

Tried to open the link and...

What is the issue CPF always has that its down all the time...?

It isn't load on the server. Though it is highly likely that it is grotesquely misconfigured.

There were way more people online six years ago - if memory serves, over 2000 online wasn't unknown. Several hundred at any one time was normal. It ran fine then, you could find stuff and the most noxious of the present moderators weren't moderators then.

It did have its issues back then too but nothing like the constant drama and brokenness it has now.

For the first time in weeks I decided to take a look. Got "the server isn't responding."

I have my own complaints about material and pictures of mine being ripped off from here and Jayki and used over there.

CPF is worth the price of admission if for no other reason than for reading Selfbuilt's reviews. Rarely do I spend more than $40 on a torch without reading his review of it first.

But on the other hand, we now have some pretty darn good reviewers here.

Funny how many times I'll do a Google search for a $25-$60 light, and the reviews at BLF show up ahead of the reviews at CPF.

Grunta's comment about not being able to leave her barn makes me think she is trying to self-host the forum, rather than leaving the job to someone who knows what they are doing.

I agree. I have been a member there for years but the mods and a few of the members just don’t have any people skills. I felt like the members get treated fairly harshly. Since I found BLF I rarely ever bother checking CPF.
CPF will die because it is so mismanaged.

Oh, has it been up sometime?! Again?

@ Speedsix: My post count is up to mid-20's, but only because there were two threads on the new Mini Mag. Like someone up a few said, I will research there when I'm looking at buying a new light.

What about the drama, intellect and hot women? I like my women just a little on the dumpy side. No shortage of dumpy on CPF. LOL

Looks bad....

vBulletin Message

Checking issue with database errors...
Be back soon!
~Greta

It would appear that post #31 was spot-on.

yes but think about how much you save doing it by yourself, haha

"Grunta" ROFFLMFAO! "her barn" A two-for one. Brilliant! It is going to take me all day to recover from reading this.