is there a light that will stop a atacking dog?

Thank you for the interesting read. :)

I worked four years at a secure facility for extreme at risk youth. Physical intervention for emergency safety response happened multiple times daily. Therapeutic crisis intervention was not verbal. We were trained to use a hierarchy of intervention, starting with lowest level first.

Sometimes, such as when ambush charged attacked, there is zero time to use a hierarchy of interventions. Twice, with a tenth of a second to spare during ambush attack, I only had less than 1.6 seconds to yank and crank when I was otherwise doomed to immediate severe body harm. Not at the secure facility for dangerous youth. On the street of the nice neighborhood. Yes.

It’s a common misunderstanding - many people think that every interaction starts at level-0 and progresses step by step. It starts where the other person/animal wants it to start, not where you expect it to.

BUT - we’re diverting this from OP’s question.

OP - is this happening during the day or night? Do you have the strength & dexterity to use strong pepper spray or a cane as a defensive weapon? A strong light that runs Anduril?

original question:
is there a light that will stop a atacking dog?

NO

to stop a dog attack you need either

pepper spray or
a gun

or walk a different route until the authorities resolve the dog at large issue on your route

off thompson bridge road i live right near the bridge near holly park

i want to move so bad. ive had people throw cigarettes at me. when i was on my bike a truck hit me and didnt even stop. there damn needles all over i doubt ther for true medical reasons. it is so scary walking lately . back in ft luaderdale was way nicer. so was cleveland oh

That's what we eventually did.

Instead of killing the pit bull that roamed our neighborhood for years, or killing it's horrible owner, we moved.

Luckily we moved to somewhere much nicer, and we haven't had any serious problems in our new neighborhood.

Our old city was pretty toxic, but it doesn't sound as bad as your neighborhood.

I hope you find a solution to your issues.

I love these flashlight for self defense threads.
In short, a flashlight is NOT a defensive weapon. Except when used as a club. That’s it.

For the record, I have a pit/Boxer mix. 85 pounds of pussycat. Not at all aggressive.
BUT, when I walk him at night and he manages to get the light in his eyes, he just ignores it like it is not even there. And I am talking FT-03 or E07 or L6.
So no, dogs are not impressed with lights, and raccoons don’t seem to care either.

But he is scared shitless of my grand son’s Nerf rifle. Heads for the hills when he sees it.

A few weeks ago, two medium/large dog were barking vigorously at the end of their home’s driveway as my dog and I approached. We crossed to the other side of the road but one of the dogs followed us across the road. It was baring its teeth and snarling, and ignored my stentorian yell to go home. I happened to be carrying a plastic bag with my dog’s poop and swung it on the dog’s head, where it broke open. Faecally defeated, the dog slunk back to its driveway.

Not sure I want to carry my small breed’s output into battle unless I stockpile a weeks worth maybe. :confounded:

Wellp, you could save some of your own, I guess. :confounded:

Maybe wave and smile at the neighbor WHILE shooting his dog… :person_facepalming: :smiling_imp: :beer:

- Sarcasm off…

Monkeyman you are a master thread-starter! Subsequent posts are always entertaining. :beer:

i also have this 4x4 truck who just follows me thru the park when im messing with my lights and they love to roll coal on me

Well, that is just plain illegal, no?

If they do that, report them to the local police, or better yet, the county.

As part of my daily uniform gear as a meter reader, I carried a pack of jerky treats.
I had a complaint from a customer that I could not have read his meter because his dog was trained to not let anyone into his rear yard.
I set up a situation to ask the customer to remain in the house no matter what and I would enter and leave a post-it on his meter.
We and the rottie had already established our routine of treat-retreat-treat and he accompanied me every step along the poolside walkway.
Never heard anything else from it.

Jerky treats are pretty cheap.

i have a few emenys on this street a few years ago we had a drug dealer. me and my buddy did all we can do to get them justice and they gor justice . the hall country joint task force arrested them. i dont care about weed but meth and opoids are killing are citezens

well, that escalated quickly!

Don’t go that route!

Are you worried more of the dog or the owner?

Whoa. Looks like you need The Bat Man instead.