Its too funny ! Oh dear ! they really dont like competition ...

I don't know much about batterys although I'm slowly learning but I'm finding your posts quite enjoyable to read! Keep up the good fight!

If I wasn't broke I'd buy a couple brand new AW IMRs to feed to the Panasonic monster, but it wouldn't matter. AW is god.

There's a reason I'm here and not there (mostly) and that thread is a perfect example.

It gets better ! I cant beleive it , how ? silly can people be ...

Damn , this thread needs to be made into a movie ....

you know you're doing something right when not one, but both the AW guy AND the Redilast guy show up to sh*t on your review.

keep up the good work dude!

"You have a low number of posts"

LOOOL!

high post count = knowledge and credibility

Bahahahah!

It gets rather pathetic and annoying... the fanboyism. That's why I spend all my time at this site for day-to-day general flashlight stuff and only go there if I need something specific (I only use the search feature and never do any browsing). Isn't there any self-awareness when all that nonsense starts overwhelming decent information?

Anyway, we don't want to obsess over it. Just be happy there's a flashlight sanctuary away from all that If we talk about it too much it might happen to us

“There is a bit of a difference between applying a sticker to a loose / bare cell and taking a good quality cell, designing a protection circuit, spot welding on the PCB, adding a button top (if applicable) then heatshrinking it. More effort is involved, and this justifies the re-branding of the cell. I can’t say the same thing about just slapping a sticker on a bare cell, however.”
Ummm, ok. Where to even start on this comment…

I went back and re-tested the CK cell and my AW IMRs and its obvious why the competition gets defensive. I almost have to laugh.

Thank you mitro , very nice results ...

I actually feel sorry for Lux , he's dug a deep hole , and he wont stop shoveling !

Damn its funny .. and he wont let go of the 10A BS ..

Thread will probably end up deleted , but , its entertainment never the less , get in , and have a lough while you can ...

And..........you're banned. Thread closed.

While there were some emotional posts in that thread, I was surprised by the lack of attention paid to the data.

"The thread is closed. If someone runs proper tests on these cells, they may post a new thread about it."

Hey... I must say I would have closed it down myself and banned a lot more people LOL but the "proper tests" remark is hilarious! I think they will need to add yet another rules page to define "proper tests"

That was bound to happen with all that assbaiting going on :)

Proper test = when AW wins.

Please, try to do more proper testing next time, ok?

There is a lesson in there some where : Carry a bigger stick ? nooo , eeeer ?? tell the truth and you shall ? no that's not it ! eeeeer , keep the people ignorant ! well close !

Hmmmm , CPF rules ? yeah , plenty of rules , but only for some [ some what selective application of said rules ] , whats the lesson here ? hmmmm

As long as you defend the status quot ! you can do no wrong ! Thats it ! , always defend the status quot ! and you are golden !

Remember the lesson !

And some one earned a ban , does that mean they are a full fledged BLF member now ? hehehehehehe , its still funny .

I know I'm new here, but I'd like to comment, hopefully without inflaming the situation.

A bit about my background, I work in the test lab of a major electronics component manufacturer to the motor industry, i.e. body computer modules. We are also responsible for QC on incoming electronic components.

For any testing to have meaningful results, there needs to be a set testing procedure, using equipment of a known standard.

From the test reports on various items I've read in my short time here, testing procedures seems to be very hit and miss, almost presumptive.

I'm not too sure I could trust the results, especially on the small sample size; to be reliable or repeatable in any way. I certainly wouldn't be to upset if the results are queried in any way.

Steve

That was an awesome post on that thread. I'm sure MANY had the same thoughts and sentiments posted but were just too CS to say.

Much respect...

Southern Aurora I agree with you 100% but.... No one is going to fork out the money to have batteries tested properly in a lab. If anyone would do it I would love to see the results! No matter what the results where your always going to find someone who will fault them.

What we are left with is a bunch of people who enjoy a hobby doing what ever tests they can and posting the results. I think you could say the same for any A B C flashlight battery comparison I have ever seen. I would also like to add I have NEVER seen any other comparison so nit picked by so many people.

So if we are going to hold one battery to such high critiquing isnt it fair to hold the other batteries to the same standards? Where are the white papers for all the other IMR batteries? At least you can find them on the Panasonic. I welcome the results if I don't sell another one of these batteries it won't be much loss to me. I'll write it off on my taxes and move on.

Well not presumptive ... But theresults are certainly confined to the tests that the product is subjected too .

But the most important thing is , anyone is free to test .

More tests = more results ..

No one person should be relied appon to cover everything , this is not a paid job .

In fact most people test to there own requirements ... Which by no means covers everyone or all the possible needs , and I dont think anyone has ever claimed so ...

So the important thing , is to keep perspective , and to feel free to do you own tests to confirm or deny some ones results ...

People feel the need to comment less facts or make demands they know an individual can not meet , this is not only unreasonable , but abusive ..

Nuff said from me .

Not just any assbaiting but smart-assbaiting.