Jaxman flashlights

in the picture of the driver, next to the spring we can see 2 places for 7135s

High is 2,1A, so they’re using 6x 7135AMC.

Jaxman is sorry but no BLF host on this one.

Ok then, currently 4 are sold, 996 to go before black is made. Who’s buying? :stuck_out_tongue:

I asked too (for a single host) but the reason they said no , was a little “dumb” , i think …

Their answer was :
“now we have not enough energy to sell those parts. Checking and packaging small parts need much time.”

“My dear guests, I am Mr. Roarke, your host. Welcome to Fantasy Island.”

No it’s not, they are a small company thus time and energy is sparse :wink:

Well, to be honest there’s much less work if you sell an empty rather than assemble the full light no ?

Simon (Convoy) is a small company he has been known to sell a few host’s, no? Yes! :smiley:

Shouldn’t be a problem once you get the process and packaging down? :+1:

X3 and Kawiboy mentioned the 2 things i had in my mind too .

:stuck_out_tongue:

I can imagine that it is a matter of company pride too, if I were a flashlight company, I would rather sell flashlights than bags with parts.

Not f you are setup for selling 1000 lights ready to be shipped.Then selling a host version for a few BLFers mean taking them apart, adding a store entry. Basically doing twice the work, have parts left over AND expected to sell it for less then the original, would you do it?

Yes Simon is setup for that, different companies different ways of doing it.

The simple question being : is Jaxman assembling the light or not ?
If yes : they can sell raw parts because they have it in stock and just have to ship them
If not : they have to ask their assembler for parts, then re-ship them…or worse, disassembling lights like The Miller said :disappointed:

But it seems to me that Jaxman is a one or two person company, with great knowledge about flashlights (really cool !) that make other companies work for them.
That implies to really follow every steps of assembly, for our pleasure !

Nooo not a bag of parts, a box of parts, that’s where Jaxman would run into trouble, putting parts in a “BAG”! :cry:

Yeah I’m sure Simon is tossing and turning every night over “Pride” or lack of! :person_facepalming:

Yet selling thousands of beautiful Matte Black M1’s and Matte Black S2+’s (my favorite’s) and other host’s! :smiley:

Well all I know is that no matter how easy it might seem to us, I asked and it was declined.
They were kind enough to sell us the Z1 and X1 hosts but now say no, can’t do anything about it.
Feel free to explain to them how easy it is and why they should do it and who knows you could make it happen :wink:

It could be that Jaxman is busy testing out other flashlight designs right now to set up some hosts. He did mention previously he’s working on a 2xAA flashlight.

Like!

That might be true if you or I would be building that light from boxes with parts. But once a company starts automating the production, and QC is settled in, it is very hard to deviate from the fixed path. Why don’t you try to order a Renault Megane without driver seat. Because your back and your doctor keep telling you that you need a custom-made prescription seat. It will probably cost you more than the same vehicle with the driver seat.

Yeah I’m an Industrial Engineer so I more or less have a sensibility about standardization :wink:
I wrote that a little fast, see my post #53 :slight_smile:

It may well have been a simple question, and the simple answer was no.

Really doesn’t matter how many ideas we can come with as to why.

Jax the Man can just say “Because I said so!”

We tend to forget that not everybody wants to play the BLF group buy game, it costs them money usually. Perhaps they’d be more willing if Kawi and X3 donated their time to come help… :wink: