Jaxman flashlights

but its still space for modding no?they use ypgs…not xpls…so their triples are nice,but not the brightest…right.?

If you dont like the drivers UI just flash a new firmware

Almost correct.

What may spoil it is that Jaxman told us above that they use glue to fix the ledboard and the optic, it may be a challenge to open up the light for modding. But at least they use a standard optic and ledboard that can be bought separately (Carclo 10507 optic and Noctigon triple board seem a direct replacement), so if opening the light ruins optic and board, they can be replaced.

Jaxman, can you specify where exactly you put some glue ?
Is it just to keep the optic on the MCPCB or do you put glue in the bezel threads ?

Same as the Convoy C8 in size?

Not at all, check it here

I dislike xpl led very much. its size is so ugly. and the lens is too bad. the xml,xpe,xpg lens are more good than xpl.

Dear, we use a kind of heat conduction glue to fix the PCB and conduction heat. the lens was fixed on PCB by 3 feet,which just be plug into the 3 holes of on PCB. lens need not to be glued on PCB. the holes on PCB is 1.7mm on OD. and the feet of lens is also 1.7mm, very fit each other. very solid design, I think most of you can not serperate the lens and PCB even I did not use glue fix PCB. this is precise work.

I will give some picture of producing of the E2L.

by the way,the glue can be get soft in about 150 C”.If you really want dissamble it ,you can try.

Thank you very much for this explanation, and pictures of the process would be really interresting to see too !

When I recieve my ordered E2L flashlight, I will try to replace the leds, not with XP-L but with Nichia 319A 5000K 80CRI leds ( Nichia NVSW319ATE ), I think the beam through a Carclo 10507 optic will be good.

jaxman, the xpl won’t fit under the Carclo optic with that dome, but their XP-L HI variant will do just fine, it has no dome. As such, it has a pretty tight beam output and in a reflectored light is makes longer throw.

I usually heat the mcpcb with a soldering iron and the glue releases. Not a problem. :wink:

No, the Jaxman M8 is about the same size as the Convoy M1 . :slight_smile:

A wonderfully sized light as far as I am concerned…. both of them. :+1: … :wink:

this nice flashlight has only 900 lumens?? softly i ask-for what you will buy it?? me only for modding…:laughing:)
cant beat my quad xplhi or triples…:slight_smile: anyway,very nice and our triple avoiding flashlight:)

Thanks for posting this buddy! Do you have both the throw and flood version of the M8 and also do you have the Convoy C8?

A newbie question:

Any of Jaxman’s flashlights have a moonlight feature? Can’t seem to find one. Or have a configurable UI?

thanks

Not that I know of. And a configurable UI is a rarity in general.

Jaxman is not one of those few manufacturers that knows how to make great drivers or UI’s. They just make sturdy flashlights with good quality light. And a great driver is a bit of a flashoholics thing, most people don’t care less, are surprised that a flashlight has modes at all.

dear, here are the pictures:

NICE!

Thank you ‘jaxmn’. Good pictures. Very interesting. :+1:
:slight_smile:

Your welcome my friend.
Note it is the Jaxman M8 and Convoy M1 that are “about the same size lights”. I have ordered a M8 & have several M1’s with various emitters & drivers that I put together.

I do have a few Convoy C8’s that I put together also, various drivers and emitters.
But note, the C8 is a larger light than the M8 & M1.