Just bought a fake Casio G-Shock for 7.99

Good one sir.

LOL! :D I'm literally crying with laughter :D

Okay, this is funny.. there actually is a genuine BAPE G-Shock watch and "War 21st Resist" was printed on some. "BAPE" stands for A Bathing Ape, which can be found here, which is the USA site. It's a Japan-based clothing company. They also imprint "Ape shall never kill ape" on the band.

Newer versions replaced "War 21st Resist" with "Go! Ape." The real Casio G-Shock model is DW6900.

Too funny!

Wow. Thanks for the edumacation.

LOL

I bought a time ago a pocket watch from DX.

It was DAISIGE, worked pretty well after I popped the plexiglass out and snipped the minute hand away (it was stuck towards the back paper...).

It could point the time with some accuracy...

I've actually had a few of these cheap replica watches but I've had no luck with them at all. Life expectancy on my wrist is less than 45 days. Sometimes as little as 1 day.

The real deal Casio G-shock has lasted me as long as 9 years. And as little as 4. But in all fairnes they do cost a bit of money. But for what they provide I think it is still cheap. Total reliability in 4 years. I never ever had to synchronize them between battery changes. Which BTW is about 3 years.

gotta agree, real deal Casio's are some of the best watch deals around. i still have an old skool Casio Classic which they still sell and go for like $10 now.

I didn’t know people even wore watches anymore.

I hadn't since my sophmore year of college when it fell three stories to the pavement and broke, ending my run of wearing a watch. I recently tried it again with a Pulsar digital (really nice watch, actually) but I just couldn't get used to it. I always feel like I'm gonna bang it on something or it will get in the way when washing my hands. I reluctantly carry my cell phone so I have the time on that. I was hoping to get used to the watch again so I could have more reasons to leave my phone behind.

I never wore a watch all my life until about two years ago when I got a Timex with a compass on it. Now I feel strange without one. I have bought a few more but always go back to the timex because of the compass even though all that is on my phone now. Do any of the real G-shocks have a compass?

Yessir they have. And the top line also has solar panels build in to the screen so you never have to change the batteries.

I am currently waiting for the one on my arm to die on me. So I guess I'll have a new watch between 2016 and 20XX :-)

Not sure if G-Shock series have compass but PathFinder's do have, not all of them tho.

yeah totally. i only wear mine when i go hiking.

Thanks guys. Those Pathfinders are nice. I always have my phone and a GPSr close to me but I really like the compass on the watch.

Since Im on the cheap side I might get into G-Shock/PathFinder world with one that has Moon and Tide graph on it, it seems great to have such option on cheap watch!

Had G-Shock years ago, smashed it against the wall(our hockey team lost in WC and I was damn pissed at that!) and broke the wristband holding plastics on it and later lost it from my pocket :/

BTW, doesnt anyone here has experience regarding cheapo chinese watches, are there really no SRM/Enlan/Navy's in the watch world :D?

Not in this plastic kind it seems, however in the more traditional watch market it appears that there is the cheap stuff all the way to the high end.

http://www.tractionink.com/watch_wiki/index.php?title=Grades_of_Chinese_watches

I remember having an old Databank Casio watch. About a year ago after some more expensive analog watches for every day use I went back to a Casio digital (W800h-1av)

Paid $15 for it and it just works.

EDIT: I have a feeling these type of simple cheap watches are due for a comeback in the "style" world

So just to update...my watch arrived today safe and sound.

Ordered Feb-18

Received Mar-6

Im used to ordering from the crappy store DinoDirect (which are a bunch of scammers and dont even actually mail you anything), so when this parcel arrived so quicky from FP I was so surprised...Im like whats this??????? LOL.

Its not as nice as the real G-Shocks, but its pretty nice for $8, and at least I received it.

Just to put things in perspective - Parnis is better built than the cheaper "swiss-made" watches like Adriatica or Atlantic. And costs half or a third of their price.

I can't wear a watch, or rings - not only does it annoy me, but I get them snagged on things, which hurts me or breaks the watch.

BUT, I can tell you I owned the original casio Gz'one, and that phone was AWESOME. In fact, I still own it, and it still works, despite looking like it was left in a tumbler w/ ceramic rocks for a few days. this thing is the best piece of gear I've ever owned.

We have a soda machine here at work that isn't filled regularly, and has a sticky coin return button. I can't tell you how many times I smashed that coin return with my casio phone to get my money back (and save my hand). I've dropped it in the gas/oil/water mix that sloshes around in the bottom of my boat quite a few times. And I once dropped it walking across my yard and it spent two weeks in a snow bank - I only found it after the snow melted.

the only reason I stopped using it - they came out w/ the casio gz'one android smartphone...(which is nowhere near as rugged, but is at least water resistant...).