Just one more light!

OK, there’s always just one more light but after just ordering the UF-T50 I now have eliminated all of the things I don’t like in most flashlights. I now have the Thrunite TI for which I have no complaints.
There is the Proton Pro which is a side switched light and now the UF-T50. Along with my Zebralight H51f that’s all I need except for my version of the perfect thrower.
I have several aspheric throwers so I won’t be buying more unless I can make or buy the perfect version (for me).
It needs to be no larger than the SmallSun ZY-C10-S. Using that light as an example the bezel would need to be completely smooth and there would need to be a side switch rather than tail switch.
It would have a constant current driver optimized for one 18650 with single mode using EZ900 XR-E R2 at 1.5A. It would have a glass lens and would be protected by the smooth bezel.
If done correctly this would produce around 60k cd.
The knurling on the Smallsun would be extended a bit and the rings on the head (heat fins) would be gone. It would be fixed focus.
This would be the perfect size/throw trade-off IMO and with a constant current driver would be useful for more than a few minutes.
There is no reason that it should cost more than $50 since the current Smallsun described is $14 and throws almost as far.
The DBS IMO is too big and the head is ugly and still has the tail cap switch. That’s the closest thing at the moment however. The DEFT EDC LR is in between in size, costs too much (for me to be interested) and doesn’t have a side switch nor a smooth bezel (and could throw further with a little more size).
One day this light will be made available and that will be my last light :slight_smile:

I said that

once

twice

three times

too many times to count.

Still in search of the "perfect light".

And having a lot of fun (and spending too much) along the way...

;)

When does that Spark arrive? :slight_smile:

It's on my head on minimum just now. I picked it up from the PO this morning. It has been on my head most of the time since I got home about 6 hours ago.

Not yet tried it on the Sanyo CR123s that came with it. Not yet sure if it can handle a pair of RCR123s and spent to much on it to fry it finding out. There is a review here that says it can but I'm reluctant to try it. My ebralight H50 can handle 14500s but you get nor more light from it when you do - just a rather limited runtime.

Thus far it is a bit on the heavy side for a headlamp (The muscles in my neck are in trouble just now and I'm seeing a physiotherapist (I think that's a physical therapist in American)) so I'll tell you in the morning how I get on with the headband - I'll set it to half a lumen and leave it on my head till morning (It's 11:20pm here now). About to boot the assistant out the back door so she can carry our her wide range of eliminatory functions so will have a quick look at how it throws. But my high power lights gravitate to the back door for assistant spotting at night. Between them i can probably throw 6000 lumens out the back door if I need to. And beat any intruder to death as two of them are lightly modded 6D Mags.

I have a feeling your electric bill is very low :slight_smile:

Yes, that's the one! Tell me when you've found it... I want one too

Haha…it may be a while :slight_smile:

I wish.

That stuff is expensive here. I've used 56kWh this week, 255 this month and 355 last month and 641 (I did a lot of cooking that month) in December. My basic power consumption is about 250W (fridge, freezer, routers, switches, hubs, computers)

Now there is more light I'll use less. I spend about $65 a month on average for electricity.

We can't buy incandescent bulbs any more and i tend to use a headlamp rather than a high-wattage incandescent bulb these days for jobs that need a lot of light.

56KWh does not sound that bad. Last 3 months I have used more than that in 2 days…
Some 950KWh a month. I do get plenty heat from firewood but it has been very cold here…
This is a small apartment after all.

My heating is from gas - that costs me a lot more (almost 3x as much as the electricity). It works out at a fifth to a sixth of the price of electricity per kWh. 2010-2011 I used 3061kWh of electricity and 42166kWh of gas. But that include one of the coldest (and longest) winters in the last 30 years. I'm heating a 75 year old average-sized family house built in an era when insulation was something foreigners did - a modern construction of the same size would use vastly less gas. about 13% of my net income goes on gas and electricity.