Emisar D3AA is available now

I know a lot of customers do not like the pocket on the KR4, so, we plan to design and produce a new one, I would like to ask your opinions before producting.
It will be offered to the KR4/KR1 owers with reasonable price as soon as it’s done.
This clip is narrower than the current clip, it is deep carry, well, not a truely deep carry since it’s not long enough to cover the tailcap,
the reason is that, you will need some force to screw the tailcap tightly into the body, and when the clip it on the tailcap, I’m afraid
it will scratch your hand when try to screw the tailcap, what do you think?

Hank and all,

I, for one, am liking the new clip design.

Any chance of slightly increasing the gap at the second bend near the button end to easier allow fabric to slip all the way up and into the curve?

Just my ¢2,

Ted

Yes Hank! That looks way awesomer! How about putting a bend on the downstroke so that the final upstroke has more of a pocket? Kinda like this:

Also Hank, do you have a rough timeline for if/when these clips will be available? If it's soonish, I can hold off on my KR1 order for it.

Nice work owenan,

Deeper is fine. Hank’s concern understood, we’ll just have to adjust our grip when rotating the button end? A little greater gap to allow fabric to more easily go all the way to the top of the bend would be a good idea.

Any chance you showing that slight adjustment, please?

I think a new visualization would help the group; just as this one did.

Exciting deep pocket cary clip! These have been well engineered on pocket knives, could we steal some inspiration from here?

Does it need the outer fold all the way up again? See this popular deep carry knife clip it just finishes down.

New clip looks much better Hank.
Wasn’t a fan of the old one.
Can’t wait to place an order for KR4 once the E21 options become available.

oweban, you are correct, this is how a true deep carry clip should look. Hank, no one is worried about it scratching their hand. Please make it a true deep carry clip.

I do not care for the double ended clips, so this one would not work for me, but Hank I applaud you for (as always) thoughtfully listening to feedback and constantly improving quality.

If it did not have the double dip and was just a lower profile single end clip I would surely purchase.

The KR clip is a good design but for how far it sticks out horizontally. That’s the only problem with it in my eyes.

The double-bent clips are meant to allow for clipping the light onto the brim of a hat and/or carrying it bezel up. This light is heavy enough that I don’t think it’s worth sacrificing clip quality for trying to make it also work as a hat light.

I agree with the previous comments that say:

• Scratching the hand by going deeper isn’t something anybody is worried about.
  • 18650 lights are too heavy to wear on a hat, and not many people want to carry bezel-up, so the s-bend isn’t necessary for this light (it would be good on a 14500 light).

Agree, no double bend

I donno about being too heavy… Ive on occasion placed lights with double bend to “bezel-up” on the straps of a headlamp to have beams exuding into the air…. though it was more of just something silly to do it was still worth it ! =D

I wanted to share my opinion but it looks like everything has been said by others already, so I’ll just repeat after them:

- double bend is not practical in this light

- make it low profile

• if you want to make it deep carry go all the way or don’t bother

Thank you for asking us for our opinion, appreciate it a lot.

Neal’s FW3 clip….it is a nice option… like it on the home made shorty the best…

Or like when you bend it out accidentally so you cut it (I think this is what some were getting at?)

I second this. I like the new clip design better than the current one, but also note that the width of the bend should be increased to make more room for fabric.

Also I would prefer a single-direction clip (only clips on one direction). The double-bend isn’t that useful and just makes the clip thicker.

The best deep carry clip till this day made by Surefire.

This is how they should look like.

If you are worried about patent, don’t be. LumensFactory is producing them for years.

Clips like new style or FW3A deep carry are pointless, not sliping into pocket nicely and not possible to use second part of the clip.

That’s the way to do it.

But a bit longer so you don’t have to use your fingernail to lift the clip.

Yeah, that was a dremel job; I should have done it a bit longer and smoothed it out.