KD (kaidomain): Deals and new products thread

In each picture left=Carclo, right=KDoptic, on top the actual optics on a piece of glass, on bottom the cast shadow on the copier paper.
From left to right: ~400nm light (Uniquefire 602C UV), ~385nm light (LG 385nm leds), ~365nm light (LiteOn+ZWB2filter) . Watch the flat bit around the legs for the best spot to judge transmission.

So it seems the KD optic is semi transparent to UV, even if not perfect. Wish I had the equipment to test UV intensity properly.

Yeah if to much UV light is absorbed by the optic it can melt the plastic, as it has very high thermal resistance

from your results it looks like the Carlo is Polycarbonate and the KD PMMA or UV acrylic

Hi friends

Our optical lens is made from “Optical grade Acrylic plastic”

Thank you

Thegood thing of the carlo optic is if you have high CRI LEDs with UV light pumping the phosphor the UV light that emits get absorbed

The bad its Polycarbonate and will block a lot of the 400nm LEDs

And which is better for a white flashlight?

Polycarbonate is more durable if you got no glas lens

Ask your eye doctor if they have a test rig for UV transmission.

Most do, because they send lenses off for UV-blocking coatings and they need to do the QC on them when they come back, to make sure there are no gaps in the eye protection coating on the lenses. Or so my opthamologist’s office tells me.

small error in description
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026861.Cree-XHP70_2-White-6000K-LED-Emitter-with-16mm-x-1_5mm-DTP-Copper-MCPCB-6V

1A bin is 6500K

Against the trend: a new P60 host at KD, really goodlooking I think:

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S027334.KDLITKER-E6-Flashlight-Shell-Black

It does look nice, not a bad price either. I have actually been getting back into P60 recently. It does look very nice, wish they had a 21700 version.

Today I installed this led in my Yezl Y3 and I am really impressed with it.
I really like the tint and it is noticeable brighter as with the previously installed XHP70.
Also, no donut hole anymore with a smooth reflector.

Yeah I just saw it and ordered a few. I have and OCD for P60 in particular anything Surefire C Format compatible (like Solarforce). Hope these are too as I love to “lego” between different P60 flashlights and their parts.

Any codes for KaiDomain??

I use BLF and I also found something else that I didn’t know would work out, when buying 12 of the Luminus SST-40 N4 AD White 7500K LED Emitter’s I used BLF and tried volume discount option too and got even more of a discount!!! :+1:

Dont know why, but somehow I still like the P60 style lights. Usually has a good balance between size of body and head.

BanL are the threads the same as solarforce? Can we change parts so to say?

A little pity it doesnt have 20700 support which I think might be something useful for the future.

Anybody know if the UPS/Fed-ex shipping options from KD get to the USA faster than their normal shipping?
Got a few things I want from there, but hate the long wait if I can get it a bit faster.

Have ordered from KD several times, and never a problem , their prices and selection rock for odd stuff. The shipping time has always been rather long though. Kind of a “it gets here when it gets here” type of thing.

Thanks,
Jim

Yea I agree ! It always gets here but it seems to take a long strange journey!

well, guess I’ll find out if the Fed-Ex is worth it…………I’ll let you guys know how it turns out.

Hi friends

The 55mm (Dia.) x 3mm (Thickness) AR Coated Lens is available in KD.
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S027343.55mm-x-3mm-Multi-Layer-AR-Coated-Lens

Enjoy

Ban