KD (kaidomain): Deals and new products thread

Copy and paste the whole link. The clickable part is only part of it. BLF can’t handle long URLs apparently.

I hope you guys can figure out the new way and put these back up soon - my L2 with the DD’d SST40 is nearly a perfect column of white light! Thanks again for offering these sir

Now we need it to be available in 4040 too please BanL

That is nowhere near cheap. Frankenquads are a lot cheaper, albeit they're quite different.

:-)

@Agro

It’s also available on AE, if you search for “22mm Astrolux”.

Yes, but this is a banggod shop.

I don’t know what you’re finding, but I see it as ‘jiguoor’ and ‘Elfeland’.

So I checked the specs for the astrolux/manker/banggood 4 lens against the new KD quad optic above, if both specs/pictures can be trusted: they appear to be the same.

I put my Manker quad lens on my Noctigon quad MCPCB (without reflowed LEDs!) and they won’t line up, at least not exactly; I don’t know how they would look with LEDs reflowed on them. I can’t describe this with more accuracy, sorry. Couldn’t even photograph it (wouldn’t show). Maybe someone with more knowledge can pitch in.

As we know, the Manker/BG/astrolux quad have 2 skinnier legs and the Carclo Quad optic series have 4 legs.

Yup with Carclo it’s a 10x10 square for the optical centers , which is a 14.14mm diameter circle. Astrolux: 12mm diameter circle

So each emitter is roughly 1mm off towards the perimeter :confounded:

Hi BanL, can you please look into Order #4512, I'm still waiting for the refund for the 4 XHP70.2 LEDs that where not delivered. I have sent several emails in the last 4 or 5 weeks, but got no reply to any of them.

Hi Noir

Does this 4 LEDs changed to refund to you?

I will ask my colleague to take a look.

Thank you

Ban

Both Elfeland and jiguoor are just banggood.

What single small optic or even a 20mm reflector is there for XHP50.2? And a driver to run3-4 of them in a mag light type host.
Anyone got any advise? Don’t know if I should run 4 triplets instead…?

you could use a 5x5 TIR optic and a compatible DTP MCPCB for each emitter you would like to use.

edit:
If this goes into a mag you may need spacers. They are bigger lights and I don’t know how big the largest optics are.

Maybe tad off-topic, but related question.

You seem busy trying to pair optics with MCPCBs. How important actually is this? 0K, I sort of smell you are going to say “quite a lot” or in the likes. If so, asking the MCPCB seller/provider/manufacturer can be a good starting point.

I wonder how “good” would a wide hole optic, real wide (≈11mm) I mean, fit with frankenquad MCPCBs. I really like those MCPCBs, affordable and widespread. They just need some optic love, I mean, some optics specifically designed for them.

:-)

Just look for COB optics. It’s essentially a bootleg version of that anyways

Hi Ban,

I was told (by one of your colleagues) that the XHP70.2 LEDs that I ordered were out of stock and given the option to change to a different LED or get a refund. I chose the refund (that was about 5 weeks ago), but I haven't received any reply (or the refund) since. I have sent a couple of emails after that, but got no reply either.

I think it will be clear if you have a look at the emails.

It’s a old SA police light so not exactly a mag light but I got it free and guess I gotta make something g of it. Hand grains a spacer that I will press fit then need to establish the exact height of the mcpcb/optic/reflector/lens so I can make another copper spacer for above that. Which 5x5 optic you seen? The head ID is not massive

http://www.leddna.com/10-degree-21mm-reflector-collimator-led-lens-for-cree-xml-xm-l-led/

I have the led dna ones for my various S2+, they are good and have 5x5mm clearance. Never tried them with an XHP though, but they should work?

Hello Ban,

Could you find these emitters for sale?