L3 Illumination X40 Triple U3!

im not jake but x40 has a charging port at the tail end. still not sure if it’s a magnetic jack. XMLs are driven 3.0A without stepdown. regulation probably not flat just like TN30. should be available by end of november

i guess it’d work as a duty light thanks to in-flashlight charging for convenience

true there are cheaper alternatives like skyray king but don’t blast out nearly as many lumens as the x40, and don’t come with with a magnetic control ring that dials in the photons from 1 lumen all the way to 3280. same applies to tiny monster

as for pricing it’s rather steep at $200, and if thrunite decides to drop the price of the TN30 sbflashlights could be in a bit of trouble selling them at $200

Thanks OC. Where did you find out about the control ring for infinite brightness. I would have expected a ring with detents for predetermined brightness levels

Waiting for the empire to strike back by lowering their price… :bigsmile:

Oh my now that is funny :stuck_out_tongue:

not “infinite”. detents just like tn30. it’s basically a TN30 w/ charging port and XML U3

gonna be tough selling this for $199 when TN30 + T10 combo sells for $175

http://www.thrunite-store.com/hot-deal/flashlight-tn30-t10.html

the x40 isnt even out yet and Thrunite already dropped the price on the tn30 jeezzz

you can get it for 169 with the ti

i reckon thrunite is getting rid of old stock so they can rebrand the X40 as their new TN30 with U3s!

The empire strikes back! http://www.thrunite-store.com/hot-deal.html

What do you mean ? the x40 is not a thrunite light

I’d buy this light, but not at this price point. I’d go for 169.00, however (or less).

Thrunite’s aggressive new pricing policy is a game changer.

Did this suddenly turn into an advertisement thread for the TN30?? :open_mouth:

The X40 has plans to change the game even more, I’m not going to release any more information because well I want to keep it a secret :).

Well, I really hope you get your timing right releasing the secret information because by the looks of it many people are already considering getting a TN30... they decide on what options are available now... defending your products' price is understandable, yet you are not giving us the reasons why to wait and pass on your competition's offers...

Supbeam seems to be an OEM manufacturer though

Cough infinite brightness? Cough

I will ABSOLUTELY buy a triple with ring/infinite and tailswitch.

edit: as long as high is a REAL high, ie enough current to mean limited duration :bigsmile: use

I have to agree with taz. come on jake, more details? :slight_smile:

I don’t mean to disrespect you Jake, but by not releasing any more information, you force your customers to go off the information which you HAVE posted. I’m not telling you what to do, but you might want tell us your ‘plans to change the game even more’ before you lose the sale since the Thrunite sale is cheaper.

Supbeam has released pics of their X40 and it does look like there is going to be a magnetic charger port (or one of those hunting rifle pressure switches)

Thanks for the link. That’s a pretty tempting offer.