Lubricant for flashlight threads

Permatex® Copper Anti-Seize Lubricant

I use this on spark plugs. Love it!!

Now that you’ve made me think about it, I’ll be using it on flashlights too. No excuses for not figuring this out before now.

EDIT:
I wonder if the Cu makes it conductive….?

Maybe it does! It doesn’t stop spark plugs from firing, so…

Sometimes a Good Question is better than a Good Answer!

Thanks!

Dim

We’re all smoking crack!

The ONLY True Grease for our flashlights is…

LITHIUM Grease!

Who didn’t see that coming!

Nyogel 760G is better than Superlube oil. I only recommended Superlube because it is cheap and easy to get in the US, and I didn’t know where you are. If you have to get it shipped to you anyway, I would get the Nyogel from HKE.

Agree about Nyogel, its great i already recommend it.

Break free clp use it on my flashlights, guns, bikes, cars, and around the house

Three properties are at issue; lube for the threads, lube for the oring, and best conduction between threads. Some of the goops mention may not be optimal for all three, or even bad for some. Orings come in different types, and react to different goops.

Really? I have heard the name over and over again in BLF but I cannot seem to find any sample on net. First of all, I am look for those clear coating type (used by Convoy stock). Greasy type tends to leave quite a bit of residues which that is not I am looking for. It must not damage the O-rings of course.

Price for ArmyTek Nyogel 760G from HKE is fine. I maybe probably give it a try.

It is primary for o-rings and threads. I am not too worry about conduction.

+1 for the Armytek Nyogel. Have been using it for quite sometime now and highly recommend it. I cleaned all my flashlight threads and coated them with the Nyogel.

Like he said.

Frog Lube plus one. Thats all I use on just about everything. They have a paste too. I love the smell too. ha

Well, it all depends where in the world you are.

I wish people would disclose their location when asking for recommendations like this. It would cut down on a lot of unnecessary back and forth.

I’m a cheap bastard so I mostly use the little bottles of oil that come with the Wahl hair and beard trimmers.

:smiley: :bigsmile:

I did the exact same thing, and when I told people here they spanked me for it. Its petroleum based so no good for the o-rings.

I got a great deal on the Nyogel that was labeled FORD Motorcraft - fellow BLF member had a bunch. Also bought a Nyogel tube from BatteryJunction a couple of years ago. Still have plenty left in both tubes and use them on every flashlight coming in/going out.

Doesn't mean I'm not open to suggestions though - I'm very interested in any fairly affordable electrically conductive grease. Haven't had problems with Nyogel per say, but anything that could potentially lower resistance on threaded or fitted connections would be great.

It’s actually alright as long as the o-rings are made of something other than latex. Petrol based oils are in fact recommended for nitrile o-rings.

The grey may be aluminum and aluminum oxide. In that case, I suggest cleaning and re-lubricating with a grease with good thin film properties.

I mentioned No-ox Id special A

because not many people have ever tried it and I was impressed how silky smooth the threads were and it seems that they don't become //grey/dirty . my suggestion wasn't and isn't because of it's conductive qualitiies ..it's just another plus.I've tried alot of things and like this lube alot . it's consistancy is pretty nice being generally fairly thin but not like an oil .

Thank you to another member Innerlight... who turned me on to this lube ...I bought a few lights from him and had to know what the lube used on them was because it was heads and shoulders above anything I'd seen or previously used .

I was pleased to see Illumination supply liked it well enough to sell it .

Try it you'll like it

arrrrgggghhhhh!!!
All I know is mine are black… :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks…

I’m not sure that is even a fixed product, just whatever cheap 10wt machine oil that is handy.

Froglube sounds like some kind of wax, and I have some concern when ingredients are important that they are not disclosed. They are not a mystery to anybody technical in the same field, just consumers.

Nyogel sold under the Motorcraft brand? (below snipped from Bronco forum)

NYE NYOGEL®760G
silica thickened, medium viscosity, synthetic hydrocarbon grease for lubrication and protection of electrical contacts. Benefits include good water resistance.
EQUAL to Ford: XG-12 Spec WSB-M1C239-A
GM: 9986087
DaimlerChrysler: MS-9469

In my own goop searching, I have found some products specifically claim to work well with different types metals, and are common to different trades.