Lumintop GT4

Thanks CH
I wonder if I could move my GT70 for $200…… hmmmmm

GT90 will come instead.

Never hurts to try, but IMO, I don’t reckon our GT70s would sale for that price. Neal has them brand new for $240.

Before the GT90 GB thread the other day I was very interested in the GT 90, if nothing else but to have one of each in the GT family (I have at least one of every GT light released so far, up to the GT micro) But I’m kinda soured by the fact that we’ve been left hung out to dry on the GT4 while they were focusing on the GT90. If I was a betting man, they would have made fist fulls more sales with the GT4 than what they’re gonna be able to make with the GT90.

GT4 with XHP70.2 will likely not sell very well because “on paper” Imalent already outperforms it. SBT90.2 would be a better option. Problem is they are having trouble procuring this emitter even for the single emitter GT90.

I respectfully disagree, strictly based on the reputation of Imalent. You can build a powerhouse of a light that would make the sun put on some oakleys, but if the shotty QC of the manufacturer causes the light to burn up within the first 10 hours of use, it’s worthless no matter what the specs are on paper. And unfortunately that is the reputation of imalent. So I would foresee the lumintop manufactured light having better sales numbers than imalents.

Not to mention how restricted lumintop is on the 90 project based on led availability alone.

Did you buy 3 GT90s?

Imalent had a bad reputation from some of their older lights. However, they greatly improved with the R90TS and MS18. I haven’t heard of a single failure and those two lights are super popular even outside of BLF. I doubt the GT sales number will reach anywhere close to the DX80 and MS18, which was/is known as the brightest production flashlight in the world all over the web. However, the GT4 will have better real world runtime curve. Imalent drivers step down aggressively without going back up on its own even with fan on.

Well I guess we have to buy an MS18 or 90TS to find out, for that I say HELL NAH?!

I can say that so far,all my Imalent lights, DX80,R90C and R90TS,are well and running :slight_smile:

You could always build one

Neal have got the lights。 :smiling_imp:

What a tease. Give us more info!

image not working…

GT90 Special? :open_mouth:

it just says "BLF GT"

maybe to trick the wife?

Oh yeah, that is mine :slight_smile: I’m busy building/putting together a collection of BLF GT lights, but I want them named differently:

- GTmini (stays like that)

- GT70 (will be modified with aspheric and white flat, and somehow rename the GT70 to GTA for Giga Thrower Aspheric)

- GT90 (which has been printed as GT)

• GT4 (which I’ll ask Neal to print as BLF GF for Giga Flooder, or BLF GQT for Giga Quad Thrower)
    Yeah I know, I’m full of crap, but as hobbyist, aren’t we all entitled to be :stuck_out_tongue:

i dont get it, what does it matter what the box says ?

I guess people want to know why that one box is different. Special tint? IDK

No, not the box, the model name laser printed on the actual flashlight.

Were you joking about that or serious?