[M4D deal updated] Lumintop EDC18 $39.95 (FW3A in a classic body)

It’s best to order and then forget for a couple weeks. You drive yourself crazy tracking items. This goes for all foreign stores, not just Banggood.

Banggood is not Amazon. You can get some decent deals there, but if you expect to have whatever it is inside of a month, you’re in the wrong place. This is just how it is with inexpensive products from the other side of the world.

If you want your items with a quickness, either pay more for expedited shipping or pay more to get them from a US source. If you want to save some money, place an order and understand that it will take a while.

Yeah I guess I’m not used to it.

It does take some getting used to, and practice at lowering your subconscious expectations.

Banggood and GearBest (BG and GB) have been wayyyy better than Deal Extreme (DX) for example in the vast majority of time. DX was typically 30 days average (few years back) while BG has been 10-12 days for me average.

This Korean post deal, however, I've never seen BG use for us before now. My EDC18 order will be on a plane tomorrow headed for Singapore while the Amutorch AX4 that shipped from BG (same Korean postage deal) is on a plane today headed for JFK airport here in NY. Why one goes to Singapore, while the other goes direct to JFK --- who knows? Can't figure it out, but think'n the EDC18 will be in the ~30 day time frame while the AX4 will be 15-20 day time frame.

https://www.17track.net/en gives you more details, even includes flight numbers -- worth check'n out if you are interested.

I did some check'n and I've been ordering from BG since 2014 or so. A few other China shops for LED lights have come and gone, before and during BG's reign, but BG right now (and for the last 3 years or so) is our best vendor for deals, and working with us. I probably got in dozens of BG orders and very little in troubles and problems.

It must be something to do with shipping to the US, my EDC18 took 10 days to the UK via the usual Banggood method direct from china.

I find for orders over $30 you get it in 10 days, under $30 it will take about 20 days.

Thirty days would be nice - mine is at 37 days and is still in Korea

To be fair, a big chunk of that time was us waiting for the product to go from PreOrder to We Have Stock.

That said, I’ve stopped expecting anything to arrive inside of 30 days even if it’s in stock.

My order now has a Expected Delivery by of Saturday Oct 19th.

Shipping time only counts from when it ships to when it arrives. You got shipping notification on Sept 30, so you are about 16 days in. Lets see if it arrives within 3 weeks.

If your not used to ordering from China, I can tell you most of my items arrive in about 2 weeks. Some a bit shorter, some a bit longer. We are pretty close to each other, so expect an average 2 week travel time.

The busy season in China is from Oct to Feb. There are tons of holidays and shut downs (both companies as well as post offices) in China so lots of stuff ordered from China, but not a lot of workers to fulfill them. This is a double whammy and typically leads to longer shipping times. It’s best to get your ordering done before or after.

Left LA this morning, two days later. It will probably arrive Monday or Tuesday. Glad I have plenty of lights to use while waiting.

Mine might come tomorrow? I am in LA. Stay sane shirnask.

I just check my shipping status, some how after being in Korea since Sept 30 it “processed through facility” in New York City. USPS estimates Wednesday delivery. Wo-hooo.

Same here, should be Thu or Fri for me, guessing, from 17track.net:

Destination:

2019-10-20 08:32 ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 8:32 am on October 20, 2019.

2019-10-15 15:36 KOREA REPUBLIC OF, SEOUL INTERNATIONAL POST OFFICE, Processed Through Facility
2019-10-15 15:31 Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
2019-10-15 15:31 KOREA REPUBLIC OF, Acceptance
2019-09-30 14:18 KOREA REPUBLIC OF, Acceptance
Origin:

2019-10-20 08:32 USJFKA, Arrival at inward office of exchange

2019-10-15 15:36 INTERNATIONAL POST OFFICE, Ready for dispatch, Dispatch number : 707, Flight/Ship No : SQ607
2019-10-15 15:36 INCHEON, Flight number : SQ607
2019-09-30 14:18 INTERNATIONAL POST OFFICE, Posting/Collection, Posting office zip code : 22381, Transit or Destination country : U.S.A
My other BG order w/KR post started 5 days later, but is out for delivery today.

Tom track your EDC18 on the USPS - Track site for a delivery estimate, Use your tracking number from Banggood.

Says Wed but that isn't always right. My BG order of the AX4 was telling me the 19th up til the 19th, so really is the 21st or 22nd. Sometimes thing go quick thru the intermediate hubs, sometimes slow. Sometimes they send it off to the wrong town - happens to me quite a bit, then has to rout back, blowing another day. I've even seen it ping pong several times.

Sounds like your postal carrier and mine had the same (lack of) training. I get other peoples mail, not even my close neighbors, I often wonder who is getting my mail.

Most of the time it's pretty good, just take estimated delivery dates with a grain of salt. Our regular local carrier is great, even our black lab loves her, but when she's out and we got a sub - anything can happen and it does.

Korea postal is a new thing. I suspect that it is being utilized to avoid paying the new tarriffs into the US. Ditto what everyone says above about patience. Banggood is one of the better choices when buying overseas.

Just received my light today.Very nice EDC.

I do have a few questions:

1) How does one turn off the glowing bunny in the button. It remains glowing even in locked mode. I didn't see any references for this in the manual.

2) How long will a 3500mAh battery last with the glowing bunny in the button.