[M4D deal updated] Lumintop EDC18 $39.95 (FW3A in a classic body)

Nice one

I fitted a 6 mm trit in one of the slots and it could probably work - seems flush to the top, though it's got some slop space - definitely not a cut slot to fit a trit as found in other flashlights.

I would say you might be at risk losing them without a really good glue -- I would try it though. Thought I had more trits but only found one. I got 3 trits in a FW3A optic which is a total waste, so might pull them, then I'd have 4 for the EDC18 .

Just curios as to why the trits in the FW3A optic are a waste?

I should have clarified - I can't see them - they are like pts of a very low dim light in total darkness. Because of the positioning (sticking straight down), you lose most of the output.

Ahh. I kinda like mine. Enough light to see but not too much. Doesn’t fade over the dark hours like the glow gaskets.
Hey — if you take the trits out and you have no use for the optic, PM me a price. Might be interested.

Thanks for checking!

Mine arrived on time. Very nice. However the tail cap was installed by King Kong, or GI Joe with the Kung-Fu grip. I needed my strap wrenches to twist it off. I was really worried that the tail cap was cross threaded, it wasn’t, some one (at Lumintop) really cranked it down.
I got the Nichia version, complete kit diffuser , clip, and lanyard.
Now all I need are the proper cells. The only cells I have that fit are low capacity, low current

Glue the trits in like this…

For this…

Ok, 10 trits for the EDC18! 6 in the optic, 4 in the head. Yea, that layout is much better usage. Been so long since I used my glue - wonder if it's still good.

Kawi -- that looks great. I've never glued the trits before. Any tips? Do they have to be completely covered by the glue? How long does the glue last? How does heat affect it? Does it yellow over time?

I would sure like to try this!

Oh -- and I like the blue/green mix.

Wow that looks great.

Use this Norland NOA61 stuff… lay them in the optic, used a wooden tooth pick and placed a drop of the stuff on top, used my magnifying optic visor and clean tooth pick to line them up, zap with a strong UV light, done.

. Norland NOA61 UV adhesive (optical grade adhesive)

. No issues with heat or discoloring.

. Just make sure you got them where you want them before zapping them. . If you do mess up a strong thinner or acetone will eat the glue up and the optic, but you’ll save your trits, optics are cheap, I drill my own optic post’s out.

Thanks for that information!

:wink: :+1:

cool trit mount!

I got mine. Time will tell but I am incredibly happy with this. Seems sturdier than the fw3a. No more accidental activations. Pocket clip is well implemented I have been looking for a good a6 replacement and I think I have found it.

My wife had a FW3A with her over a retreat weekend and had 2 accidental activation's, one in a holster (Sunwayman). The holster though has a soft top and she put the light in head first. Other way around it would be much better protected.

Made a few brownie points with this light during the recent four day power outage. Plunked the magnetic tail to the light fixture above the bathroom sink and the wife liked it better than the normal lights because of the diffuser and ramping. Then she was cooking on the stove top with a cheap Home Despot camp lantern and a candle, so I stuck it above to the range hood and she was impressed once again. But when I offered to buy her one, she reverted to previous attitudes. In summary, she might try to steal it during power outages, LOL. But with the BLF LT1 in the near future, she might steal one of those instead. As a 95 year old friend once said, “The most important thing you can do for your marriage is learn to say, ‘Yes dear.’” LOL. All these lights make life easier and downright humorous. Thanks to the team that made it possible!

Right now, the EDC18 is my favorite EDC for sure, and that says a lot considering the # of EDC's I have...

:beer: