Making your own P60 drop-ins, where to start?

Nice, silicone wire is pretty awesome. Just make sure it's not running against any sharp edges as the jacketing tears very easily. Super flexible though and very heat resistant.

This needs to be bored out to accommodate an XM-L?

This is the route I have also gone down. The pill size/mass is reason alone enough to go for it.

I have measured a peak temperature of 80c at the head of my (wrapped in foil) UltraFire P60 drop-in on high, with a L2P host. It is a silly amount of heat, which is killing the emitter. While I will miss the very nice L2P host, I will enjoy more extended run times in high mode with a C8 host, without the fear of ripping through 1000's of hours normal usage of the emitter in the space of minutes.

I hope to have custom neutral (OP) and cool white (SMO) C8 in a few weeks time. I shall report back!

As I went for 5 of the drivers, I will experiment with the drivers in my L2P hosts also. But, I already know what the L2P is like when driving the emitter at 3A, it isn't good. As in, a cook an egg kind of way within 5 minutes. I'm hoping to be able (at some stage) to be able to program the driver, perhaps this will help?

Perhaps a 2 amp driver might of been better

Before you said you would have bought a ManaFont UltraFire drop in, people measure around 3.5 amps on them.

Why would a 2 amp driver be better?

Ive brought 4 of the UF 3 mode drop in's and depending on the batteries i use i get from 1.4 to 1.8 amps on all of them with a fluke and a cheap DMM.

I modded a P60 and a C8 with a SG 2 amp driver's and both get very warm quickly, so at 3.5 amps they would get supper hot and drop lumens quickly, i dont have my P60's wrapped in any thing but i use them for short burst on high for work.

I need to check my P60's on my light meter to see if my DMM readings are correct, i have checked my Two meter's with a new top self fluke from work and they all read with in 0.01v but just incase i should check it but most of my other readings are on par.

I tryed to stay away from P60 host as long as i could due to heat issues and its why i like the TR-3T6 supper long runs with no worry about over heating, but i will say my L2P with a B3 bezel is one of my fav lights due to its size.

Hi All. Good day to everyone. I know its been five years for this post. I was looking to build my very first P60 drop in for a Solarforce Gladiator. I want to use 4 pieces 18650 on the build. Could I use an xhp 35 LED emitter? What driver should I buy?

Cheers everyone for the help.

what is the best Thermal Paste with the highest Thermal Conductivity ?
Thanks

1. Liquid metall
  2. Thin sheets from Indium