Massdrop Deal Alert & Discussion Thread

Those stores only take international orders.

Maratac stainless steel CR123

Maratac stainless steel CR123, exclusively on Massdrop

Yeah I saw it this morning, the price is ok, but the shipping to China is killing.

I left a comment on their page that their overseas shipping for the light have doubled than before.
They charged me US$6.25 shipping fee to Singapore for the copper CR123 but now they want $13 for a light that weigh almost the same like the copper CR123.
If they can revert the shipping fee to the old rate, most probably I join the drop

$13.25 for shipping to,the U.K. :cry:

Is there anywhere else to find either the SS or copper CR123???

If the price dropped by half, I might get one as well.

Try countycomm, but their prices and overseas shipping are more expensive than Massdrop

The SS CR123 is a massdrop exclusive, they had it custom made due to massive amounts of request from the users. I doubt it will ever go on sale at countycomm, most of the times they don’t even have the copper version in stock.

BTW “Maratac” is just a name, these flashlights are actually produced by lumintop same as the AAA and AA versions, and the quality is top notch.

i got a maratec copper AAA NIB from massdrop… very nice and made by lumintop, also.
why doesnt lumintop make any customs for blf group buys ?

Yeah, their shipping price is increased dramatically :person_facepalming:
Shipping to my country was normally $6-7, now it increased into $12-15 for item with almost same size.

That’s the price of last year.

^ +1.
Bought mine in October last yr also @ $49.99/pc

now that massdrop has reached a high level of public popularity, they make a little extra money on shipping.
most people won’t examine the shipping price, or will be new and won’t know the difference.
if people really want the product, a few more bucks won’t change their minds

There have been some complaints by regulars there that the knife prices have gone up as well.
We’re not talking about Spyderco which started to implement the 40% MAP since early this year, but other brands that appear at the drop for a few times already.

Edit
They have dropped the price to $44.99 if it hits 50 units and they will also look into my complaint on the expensive shipping fee

At the new price I may jump on it.

sounds a better price. shame they still double the posting when ordering 2 lights!

Yet on wwefans previous order there was only one p&p charge for 3 lights

They did mention that they might have chnage the carrier as some users on the other drops also complaining on the increase in shipping fees, and I did notice massdrop sometimes revert the shipping fee to the previous lower rate.

If more people complaint on the high shipping fees, fingers crossed they will revert to the old rate.
My copper CR123 which I bought in Oct was shipped by DHL, and no complaint for me on DHL service.

Ive mentioned it on the discussion for the light on massdrop. Or is there another way to complain??