Micro-review: The Warsun Collection MX-900 Find 6, X60, A9, A10, ET26, CT9T.... Initial Impression and some Pics!

Most of that packaging is recycled stuff from battery orders, etc. I already paid for it, so I might as well put it to good use!

Yeah, blfdemigod was aware of the risks. He didn't have any good resistors available and took the risk in the name of science and all things BLF.

I've done similar and have fried many a spare xml. May they rest in peace.

Just ordered a Warsun X60. For $21.70, it's hard to resist, considering the quality and easily moddable. Bought here: banggood.com Warsun-X60, then 8% off from 'BLF' coupon code.

Ha, I just noticed banggood is selling the warsuns now and they are all priced super low. For a little over $20 you will be hard pressed to find a better built flashlight. Actually, at this price they might be the best bang for your buck flashlight out there. They should also carry the CT9T as well, as it is also a very good flashlight also. All these warsuns are built like tanks. Anyways enjoy!

Does anyone know the difference between the two,aside Wallbuys want $33 for ET26 and Banggood want $23 for the X60.

Apart from that,they seem identical.Also,are the tail and side switches both mechanical?

They appear identical in every way, accept the X60 has the charging port -- I think it's the only difference...

Thanks Tom

Ive got a x60 on way to me, when it comes ill do a mini review
Well I’ll try :slight_smile:

Hello. I’m new here.

I was on the hunt for the brightest/best flashlight for under $30. I stumbled upon the mx900 and I fell in love with it’s design (and features!) so decided I had to have it, but then was disappointed because I wanted a flashlight that uses 26650 batteries. Then, I found the X60. I got a little greedy and decided to go over my spending limit and get the A10 bundle from banggood. I think it came out to around $45.

I want to thank you for the review. I wanted to take the gamble on my own but after finding and reading your review, I was no longer speculating about its quality, I was convinced.

I do have a question for you, though (or anyone else who cares to comment). What do you think about the bundled batteries? I’m just being curious… I have to wait about a month for my light to arrive. Italian post is terrible.

Just a little word of caution, even thought the A10 looked like it uses 2 18650/26650 batteries… IT IS NOT! you will burn the driver if you used 2 batteries. It was meant to be used with long version of 18650/26650 battery pack that I guess only sold in China?
edit :the driver is rated 3.0-4.2V so put in 2 batteries = toasted driver :bigsmile:

Well that’s pretty stupid… if I knew that I would have saved some money and just bought the x60.

Are you sure of that? In the specs it says the following:

Battery Configurations:2 x 26650
Replaceable 10000mA 26650 lithium battery pack with life of up to 270 minutes.

10000mA being two 26650’s, no?

I do know that you can’t always trust the descriptions of Chinese vendors…

The et26 does not have anodized threads, so no tailcap lockout. There's a chance the X60 does. If not, I don't see how it's any worse. The tail clickie is mechanical. Not sure about the side clickie, but I hope it's an electronic switch. I doubt I'll be modding one for another month, and Tom E will probably have modded his and told us all about it long before then.

I’m pretty sure…I have one dead paper weight right here :Sp

ugh… little too late, I was suggesting group buy on these warsun light and the best price they can come up for X60 is $19.99 if i’m not mistaken :slight_smile:

Didn't get the X60 yet, but it seems to use a straight 26650. Maybe the GB quote included the suit set? The set adds a 26650 and the chargerfor $36.59 - battery is a joke Warsun 5400 26650 Wink... They raised the price for just the flashlight from $23.58 to $24.99 since I ordered mine.

I got my a10 in the mail today. It’s my first “real” light. I’m very impressed with its build quality and size.

But I think I have a problem. When I plug it in to charge the batteries, the light turns on and cannot be shut off. Basically for me to charge it, the light has to stay on. This is not normal, right? Can anyone help?

You’ll probably tell me to get a good charger and charge the batteries externally, but for now I can’t do that and would like to use the on board charger.

blfdemigod, DayLighter and others: please note this thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27496

The pill top on these lights is not good for high amps.... To me it looks like after the anodizing, they machined out an indented circle at about 13-14 mm in diameter and about 0.27 mm deep. I'm thinking maybe they did it to correct an elevated surface but went too deep with the machining, so they simply filled the significant gap with lots of Fujik-like grease.

Anyone know what these lights do in stock amps?

Warsun is saying the lights can run for hours on high, so there is nothing wrong with the design. I'm not sure they understand thermal designs, and how inefficient thermal grease is compared to metal-to-metal contact...

I measured, in high mode 2,6A to LED.

DayLighter… I’m sorry to challenge you but I have to get to the bottom of this. I’d like to put two good 26650’s in my A10 (keeppowers), but I’m terrified to do so after what you said.

I used my tester to check the voltage on the “battery stick” that came with my A10. Physically, it looks like two 26650’s put together. I have an analog meter so I can’t tell you exactly how many volts there are but it’s about 7.2 or 7.3 volts… which goes against what you’re saying.

What do you think?