Micro-review: The Warsun Collection MX-900 Find 6, X60, A9, A10, ET26, CT9T.... Initial Impression and some Pics!

Still waiting for my MX900 and X60.

Based on earlier generation of MX900, it was rated 2.8V~14V on DX I do not see why newer version is unable to achieve that. It is just not practical to use only proprietary batteries.

DayLighter is on a long holiday. I have his A10 to repair. What I found was the driver is fine - it's working, so there was probably something else that went wrong. Here's the driver that came with, or at least was in, the A10 when I got it:

As you can see, there's no inductor - only an unlabeled 8 pin chip that stands out. This does not look like any buck circuitry to me. There has to be something there doing buck in order to support more than one cell in series. Also, his A10 that he gave me did not have any "pack" in it and is the size to fit one 18650 or 26650 cell - that's all. Could be he didn't give me the extender tube, dunno. Funny the driver has the X60A label on it too. Maybe he got an early or odd version of an A10? I really don't know what happened here. I believe the wires to the LED were not connected when he gave it to me, so maybe he swapped drivers? Could be - in his attempt to trouble-shoot the problem, he was swapping drivers and left an X60 driver in there?

Do you have an A10 to compare? I can open mine if you’d like and take some pictures if needed.

No, no other A10, but I do have a stock X60. Not that important - you don't have to - I'll have to wait for DayLighter to explain - my plan was to strip the stock driver and piggyback a FET based DD driver, so I don't want to strip the wrong driver. Either he got a funky A10, or he swapped parts around. Your A10 driver probably looks like the one in post #5 above, with the big inductor to buck voltage down.

Tested my stock Warsun X60, using a freshly charged KingKong 4200 cell (from CNQ). Here's what I get:

2.57A at the tail, lumens: 510 @start, 462 @30secs, 28 kcd throw

Compared to a stock Yezl Y3:

2.67A at the tail, lumens: 850 @start, 802 @30secs, 60.5 kcd thrwo

Even though the X60 is slightly less in power and reflector size, the lumens should be much closer than the results show. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the LED alignment piece is the kind that blocks a lot of light, and this shows in these results.

Even the stock F13 clone we got on the group buy does close to this: 2.0A tail, lumens: 493 @start, 442 @30 secs.

Lo and behold my A10:

I went to check to see if I had something similar to post 5 like you said. Looks like I bought a crappy light? Can’t charge it (broken internal charger), can’t put 2 batteries in it like it’s advertised (maybe), poor heat management, poor(ish?) light output…

Good thing I ordered a C8.

This is getting weirder - On the BG page for the A10, it has the "suit set" option that includes a "battery stick", which looks like 2 cells in series - you have the battery stick and it measures ~7.2v, which is about 1/2 charged (new cells when shipped are usually at 3.6v or so) if in series (definitely not in parallel), but the specs listed say "3.7v-4.2n", implying single cell or parallel battery stick, which looks right for this driver. I just dunno what's goin on... Wish the OP could help but he seems offline for weeks now.

Stock these lights, to me, are a disappointment. However they are a decent light to mod up. They do have a problem with the poorly designed emitter shelf, as detailed in this thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27496, but you may be able to work on that. To me, it could be putting out 50% more lumens. but the beam pattern may not end up looking as nice. Some reflector designs need this type of blocking LED alignment piece to create a good looking hot spot, but it sacrifices total output big time.

Yea I bought the suite set. It was an extra 15 euros. In the end, I can’t use the charger that it came with (the built in charger on mine is defective), which means I can’t use the battery stick it came with - because where the heck am I going to find a charger to fit it in.

BG refunded me 30%, which was less than 10 euros.

I should’ve just got an x60. Or a different brand altogether.

Any update, Tom E or DayLighter?

No - sorry - no time to get back to the Warsun's yet.

:frowning:
I’m thinking to write to Mr Fang, just a try…

Finaly got to updating DayLighter's Warsun A10:

• XM-L2 U2 1A on 20 mm Noctigon
  • BLF 17DD v1.0 driver, piggybacked on
  • 22 AWG LED wires (+ wire is direct to the spring from the LED +)
  • 22 AWG wire in the driver spring
  • 0.3mm copper shim to fill the hole, using a square and sanded to circle
  • replaced bad blocking LED alignment peice with a low profile one from FastTech
  • had to add a shim to raise the height of the Noctigon to meet th e reflector properly. This is because the old LED alignment piece was so high. Used a 7/8" 18 gauge from Bopper on Etsy to, sanded down edge to fit. I was afraid of reflowing the shims up, so just used GC Extreme between all the layers.
  • used 24 AWG wire in the tailcap spring, treatment with NO-OX-ID for elctrical contacts and threads.

Results:

Wow, it's a really nice light now, very bright, throwy and great modes (4 modes with the Werner style UI - single click to turn ON and increment modes, long click to decrement modes, extra long hold for strobe. After a mode is left on, it locks in so the next single click will turn the light OFF.

On a fresh charged EVVA 4000 26650 (KK cell), I got 4.85A on the tail:

• lumens: 1,537 @start, 1,486 @30 secs, throw: 65 kcd

It still has the stock lens in it - would benefit froma UCLp upgrade I'm sure.

Hi Friends,

are you sure all Reflectors of this Lamps have the same size?

They used to. This was over a year ago, now, lot of these models have been upgraded. I'm thinking though they still do have the same size reflector. Check the dimension - width at the head, if consistent, than probably the same reflector.

Sorry for update this thread, but the Information on Internet for the Warsun Models is bad.
The Best Information i found here :slight_smile: .

I have buy a Reflector (Warsun MX900) for my A9 and i hope it match.
My Reflector for the A9 has the Size: 41,5mm Head, 40mm long.

I see a difference in the Size on Banggood: http://www.banggood.com/Warsun-FX900-MX900-CT9-Flashlight-Reflector-p-932238.html
That makes me uncertain…

Big Thanks, and sorry for my English :bigsmile: !

Ohhh - didn't see they sell reflectors - shame they don't list the specs. They definitely differ in depth there. I always thought they were the same reflectors because I believe the head diam specs are always the same - like 49 mm.

It is confusing that Banggood would list CT9 and MX900 as different reflectors, don’t have FX900 so can’t comment on that.

My measurements on nearly year old CT9T and MX900 reflectors (from flashlight hosts):
CT9T - 41.43mm Dia. and 40.40mm H
MX900 - 41.40mm Dia. and 40.59mm H

P.S. the above reflectors match the tallest profile in the banggood picture.

This is good news. Do you know where we can buy this upgrade torch? I like MX900. Thanx :slight_smile:

I bought the CT9T here at BangGood, listed as the upgraded version, and the light I got matched the listing - changes: no tailswitch, USB micro port now, better conventional white LED centering piece... GearBest has it cheaper but the description is of the old one, so who knows what you will actually get. For the MX900, at BangGood it's listed as the old version, but again, I don't know what' you'll get.

For me the “upgrade” version of the CT9T is a downgrade. The defining dual switch feature in a budget package is now gone. Hopefully the dual switch will still be available in the future from vendors other than Banggood.