MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

This might help you to see. http://www.harborfreight.com/fluorescent-magnifying-lamp-60643.html

Rich gives excellent service and is as generous and conscientious as anyone I’ve ever had the pleasure of doing business with. I have yet to have an issue but I’m confident that should one arise I will not be resorting to impatient threats or innuendos. Please turn the other cheek Richard and remember that there are trolls out there no matter where you go. Your store has been an incredible resource and you have contributed to much of the knowledge base we now share.

I have a Nichia that I got from you, Richard, and I’m sure I had something in mind for the 219 when I bought it but it is still sitting in my kit. So I went online and started searching my orders from you to establish just which variant of Nichia 219 this actually is. The ability to look over past orders on the site is pretty cool! And I realized I could also add up the totals and see how much I’ve spent at your store…at about the same time I realized that I also decided it’s confidential information and I’m not on the Need to Know list. :stuck_out_tongue:

I found that I’d purchased the Nichia 219 Hi CRI on a 20mm Noctigon from you way back in March! I found that it’s a 1.5A max variety and 92 CRI at 4500K and now I know. :slight_smile:

I’ll forget again in a day or two but the information will still be there for me to look up again. :slight_smile: Thank you for making it easy to find what we need, for carrying everything we need and then some, and for taking all this heavy non-essential government issued currency off our hands. Knowing you’re there to take that load off is just a major relief! And the help modding my Frankenlumen productions is always spot on and over the top.

And yet another little box showed up in the mail today with more goodies for the Lab. :bigsmile:

Thank You! :smiley:

And he has great prices that compare to buying overseas but without the long wait for that slow boat from China. He gave me great service on my first order and I decided to to buy more from him today. I think I’m turning into an addict and I don’t know how to stop myself. J)

I can tell you that not everyone is quite so pleased with Richard in the way he conducts his business! He’s made nearly every other vendor we’ve dealt with seem inferior by comparison, and many large animosity have arisen from it. They are all sick and tired of a guy that treats his customers like his life depends on their happiness, and this has simply got to stop RIGHT HERE AND NOW!! You need to be a lot more sympathetic to your competition Rich! Otherwise, they will all fold up and blow away like a noxious flatulence in a stiff breeze… and then you’ll have a monopoly and we wont be able to afford you any longer. So we now demand that you make several grossly incompetent mistakes (like you’re a heavily medicated crack addict), lie, cheat, falsely advertise your products and make sure paypal claims supervisors hate you just as much as banggood & wallbuys… damn you!! This is your final warning!! |(

This has been an underpaid treacherous announcement brought to you by “the flashaholics vendors association for falsely advertised products and poor excuses for worthless customer support”. :smiley:

Can only assume he meant that in order to add cell protection to genuine cells, you have to wrap them in something.

And yes, it doesn't matter what term the person used in accusing Richard of fraud. At best I can assume it's a trained reaction that the person has to typical Ebay purchases from sellers that are less than honest. But do any type of searching on Mtn and you'll know you're dealing with a stand-up company (and guy). You just have to brush those ones off Richard.

B42 wrote above
> doesn’t realize/understand you just wrapped/protected them. Maybe if you switch to clear wrapping …

And I realized, I don’t know who changed the wrapper on the Panasonics.
I’d assumed the “EVV” on the wrapper referred to some company named EVV that buys them from Panasonic (and Sanyo) in bulk, strips the old wrapper, applies the desired protection circuit, and adds their company name wrapper.

RMM says they come in batches and the appearance/end cap/printing change from batch to batch, which makes me think B42 has it wrong.

But is EVV a company?

As it states on the wrapper, cells and protection circuits are from Japan, just assembled and wrapped in China.

I for one am glad Richard found this company to import from (and is willing to deal with the shipping restrictions, import duties, etc.). Saves me from buying the same cell and circuit with a name brand wrapper for twice the price.

Richard;

I think the idea of adding the information as suggested by Halo and Hank is worthwhile for every battery page where a battery has been rewrapped and no longer carries the actual manufacturer’s name and label. Save some hassles for you from uninformed customers. After all if the median IQ is 100 then half the population has IQs below the median. Maybe even change the battery heading to be something like “EVVA Panasonic Protected Battery” then the chemistry, whether protected or not, capacity etc.

If you go here at evva-tech they have pictures of the green panasonics with the seiko chips next to evva wrapped batteries. Looks like they also do the regular clear wrap panasonics as well.

As far as RMM and Mountain Electric, they will always be my go to company. I’m new to modding lights but it’s easy to recognize they are a quality company. They are in the US, has answered all of my stupid noobie questions (plenty left for ya Richard), fast shipping, and has good prices and great customer service. Made my wife sign up there to buy me Christmas presents.

My only complaint is out of stock products, but he can’t help the China boat is SLOWWWWWW! There are also several things I’d like to see them stock, but overall a good selection.

I think I will add a note all of the protected cell pages about this, since it is popping up more and more. I doubt that a lot of the people who send messages like this will read it, but it may clarify things for at least a few.

@n10sivern: what items would you like to see us stock? I'm always open to suggestions.

see if you can get permission to use that picture I linked from EVVA-Tech. That one picture pretty much sums up what the batteries are.

As far as what I wish you stocked. I am new to this and had to buy a lot of stuff that are one time purchases. I would have and will always prefer to buy from the local US guy than overseas, and I realize you can’t stock everything. Also, I’ve had some bad overseas purchase experiences in the past and was hesitant at first, but so far I’ve received all that I ordered. I also understand you may not stock some items because of QC issues as refunds/returns are expensive for you. I joined here looking for throwers. I kept reading M24, A60, HD2010, and T08. I bought the M24 from you but had to source the others outside the country (except the T08 because there is no way to mount it). I bought them primarily for hosts for hunting lights. Most of the hosts that you have are smaller lights and most of your larger complete flashlights are way to big of a diameter tube to mount of a rifle, or higher costs. I suspect you limit your complete lights to avoid returns for quality issues. I don’t know if you could carry some of them and just say they were tested for function prior to shipment and are sold to be used as hosts only. Some people get upset over anodizing. I personally don’t care about it as it’ll be tossed around in a bag, on the ground, etc. I just want functional hosts. I’m actually planning to blast the anodizing off a couple of lights and cerakote them (except threads) in camo colors to match my rifles.

Thinking of items I have ordered over the last month:
+More hobby/diagnostic chargers (I know you stock a lot of chargers, but all of the reviews here led me to the Opus or a Lii-260 for a cheap diagnostic charger)
+lux-meter (I didn’t have to have one, but I wanted one and bought the DrMeter one).
+o-rings (i had a difficult time finding any thin enough locally, just ordered a crap ton of various ones from China)
+20mm driver with AMC7135’s
+17mm to 20mm brass driver rings (alternative to partition boards when not a lot of room)
+XP size reflector for C8
+other common AR lens (I know, its hard to good AR lens and sizes are all over the place)

maybe I’m the only one that needs this stuff, and nobody else does. All I know is I would have preferred to buy it all from you or at least somebody in the US

The link crashes Firefox for me but Safari opens it fine — to the picture of the Panasonics protected with transparent shrinkwrap.
I gather those do have a double layer of wrap with the protection strip in between — are they in fact significantly thicker than with the EVV wrappers?

I’d be happy to buy the ones illustrated at that page (from RMM, of course) to show people what’s going on with protected cells, since you can clearly see the strip added over the original Panasonic label.
http://www.evva-tech.com/en/products01.asp?pid=298/

That’s from the ‘flashlight batteries’ pages: http://www.evva-tech.com/en/products.asp?Id=53&Id1=53&page=2

I didn’t read everything, but I just wanted to say I think the descriptions are fine and it’s wrong to accuse a good seller like mtn of bait and switch when you assumed every picture was inaccurate.

> Dangerous
> I didn’t read everything, but I just wanted to say…
> when you assumed every picture was inaccurate….

I wrote that I generally don’t assume pictures found on the Internet to be correct.

I did read everything, and to be very clear:
I am not one of the people who complained about the appearance of the cells RMM sold
I’m one of RMM’s happy customers, commenting on what he told us has been happening more often lately.

Like I said — the bigger his customer base, the wider the tails of the customer distribution — a few more lawsuit-happy wackos on the clueless end, a few more brilliant modders on the clueful end. And of course more of us in the middle too.

http://www.evva-tech.com/en/products01.asp?pid=209&Id1=53
Lithium 12V Flashlight Battery 2000mAh
Normal Capacity: 2000mAh
Voltage: 11.1V
Size: Φ22.6*140mm
Quality Lithium Ion rechargeable cell.
In Built Safety Circuitry.

What in the world? Is it just me, or does that flashlight battery look like a solution seeking a problem? Is there a flashlight that this would work in?

Richard - You know there is a certain ignorance you cannot fix no matter how hard you try. If you worry about idiots and to a degree you should - just add the line "Panasonic cell inside" or just put a note at the header of the batteries page that states that "Panasonic does not manufacture complete protected cells and that Sanyo is also now owned by Panasonic."

If anyone tries to use the cart, the have to answer one of those coded question things…How far can a bear walk into the woods? If they can’t get it right they can’t make a purchase. :slight_smile:

Hi Richard,

Any idea when you’ll be getting more BLF17DD drivers in stock? (or something equivalent) :smiley: