MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I got a couple Gen 1's, one Gen 2, and the finish on the Gen 1 was quite unique - flat gray with a great grip. Gen 2 went to the common glossy slippery finish. Love the switch of gen 2- just like a quality SRK switch. Are you getting any more of these? I was set to order another 1-2 gen 2's but you are out of the stock ones. The switch alone makes the light. Gen 3's have a whole new switch, so dunno how good.

Any chance u would be getting more Convoy L6 SMO reflectors ?

Yes. Would like to see a regulated option for triples that fits retainer ring pills and has the tiny25 as an option plus the 3 o’clock 7135 tied to pin 5 for moonlight special etc. While I’m wishing for fishes an “all thumbs” pcb with all the tiny bits on the bottom and just the mcu and 7135’s on top would be icing on the cake for kit cats.

What he said, me too.

I'm not sure...I haven't heard any feedback from those who bought them yet. I don't really like the idea of selling a reflector that fundamentally has to be modified to be of any real use.

Well well...you've got my attention now. How bout a double decker expansion board for more chips instead of stacking them? Put them together with header pins. I wouldn't try and put mega amps through it but to get you back up to 8 it would work great.

I think the single-sided two-channel (moonlight special) driver is a great idea as well. You already have FET +1 boards, but a regulated option is better for some lights. Stacking chips on linear drivers is already an option at Mountain. So, IMHO it should also be offered on this new driver just the same as any other. Expansion boards are already available on the site as well, for those that agree that it’s a better way to get more power.

I’ve bought little extension rings — 17mm to 17mm — from FT to increase the depth of the driver side space available (on shallow P60 pills).

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1616/10001999/1250000

You might be able to make thicker [single sided] drivers to fit pills extended that way and sell them already installed.

I'm pretty happy with my L6 SMO. I've fully modded the L6 with a TA triple channel driver and the P2 1C XHP70. Still haven't sliced it, kept the LED domed. The black hole is not very noticeable and throw #'s are good.

Try it sliced or with any other dedomed LED (or even significantly shorter than the XHP70 dome) and you'll see what I mean...no es bueno. You can make it work if you modify it.

I sliced the dome off my P2 XHP70 from mountain electronics :stuck_out_tongue:
Was pretty scary but it works!
I’m still hoping cree will make a XHP70.2, currently my XHP70 is a heat and power monster lol

Looking to mod my 1504 with a FET+1. Does the xph35 work with FET+1 or use xpl hi.

XHP35 is a 12V LED so DD with a single cell wont work, you need a boost diver
In a light with 4S battery configuration you need a linear driver to limit the current

XPL work great with single cell DD, the emitter can handle the current well if you got proper heatsink

Has anybody done a full out XP-G2 modded version of the SMO L6? Curios to know how well it can throw?

Did a XHP35HI- Removed the stand off on the bottom of the reflector but couldn’t get it low enough to focus, it sat a top the leads. But I’m machining the head to accept a 32mm Noctigon and go from there? Have both a XHP35HI and the old high amp XP-G2 on 32mm Noctigons waiting and plenty of different size battery tubes! :wink:

Made a shim out of an old Noctigon to make up the space lost when I removed the material from the back of the reflector.

Awesome :wink: Waiting patiently :slight_smile:

I just want to confirm… Will Richard’s 17mm MTN-MAXlp HP driver be able to handle 1.7 amps in a 2 x 26650 setup? I’m happy to choose the correct sense resistor, I’m worried the driver is not designed to handle this lower type of amps

Of course, as long as you keep the inductor in the right range. 10uH-15uH for a 3v LED and you'll be running great. For a 6V LED 4uH-8uH is fine.

I got good focus out of mine with a dedomed XP-G2 and XP-L HI, but it took a lot of sanding and messing around. You have to sand the base almost paper thin then get the edges radiused and leads super flat so that the reflector base sits flat against the MCPCB.

DBcustom did this and got 439Kcd, if I recall correctly.