MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Richard , are you going to launch your own boost drivers ?

Any chance of single cell boost driver for xhp35 , giving 2.5+ amps at the led ?

Damn, oh well, I guess I’ll go with the V3 3C. Thanks!

2.5A...not really possible from a single cell, at least not for more than about 10 seconds. Even at 10A input you're still not quite there---in other words, even with a 100% efficient driver (doesn't exist) you're not going to do it from a single cell without insane amps, which means that in a 17mm/20mm driver it ain't happening.

Great thanks .
Will you launch any boost drivers ? Thanks :slight_smile:

Not that I’m interested myself, but it’s relevant. The Q8 (and all SRK clones) is (are) a ‘single cell’ light, in that it carries 4 cells, but puts them in parallel. Some people have already been talking about putting XHP-35 in one of those. What is the likelihood of a good boost driver for that? The board size is relatively huge, so could one be made to handle ‘insane amps’ on the input side there for a decent output?

are you going to have XP-L HI V3 3C in stock again?

Understood. Yes, on an SRK board you could definitely go bigger, with more power. With 4 cells to work with and lots more space you could get a lot more power. The problem is that really I don't see there being a lot of demand...it seems like popcan lights have been fading pretty fast.

Yes.

For those of you waiting for quad MCPCBs, they should be here by next week.

I'm not going to pre-sale any though since although I have tested the actual design on an FR4 PCB and have seen and approved the production drawings, I know from experience that there are a lot of things that can go wrong, so I'd like to have them in-hand and build a few first.

Are you an engineer, or did you work a QC role somewhere before MTN?

Negative on both counts. I'm actually an Biologist turned attorney who now works with electronics for a living. <--- This is the general reaction when I tell people this. :-) --- You're a lawyer and you do what?

Any discount codes for your site ? Tried again To use BLF at checkout and it wouldn’t work.
Is their a new one ?

Any discount codes for your site ? Tried again to use BLF at checkout and it wouldn’t work.
Is their a new one ?

Are you sure?
Haikelight is only making fat tubed lights
The new utorch
Q8
GT will have a 46mm driver

It still works, I just checked it. Should be good. It is only good for the categories listed on the first post: batteries, MCPCBs, optics, LEDs, and drivers.

That’s my problem. Was trying on arctic compounds. My bad…

Richard, have you looked into carrying a small stock of 26350 batteries?

They are quite hard to get and expensive to ship into the US for us regular guys who just want a few of them.

Like $16 for 4 batteries and $34 shipping = $50. Way too much in my opinion.

Mtn has 20mm quad dtp mcpcbs in stock!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Time for a MTN order

Richard,
Any chance the 4500mAh protected 26650 (http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_108&product_id=190) will be back in stock soon?
Thanks in advance!