NCR18650B from AE

What experience do we have with these here?

Forgot the link. Dont know why it keeps coming up in German.

1 Thank

It says 100% Original, so you know they’re good (???)

Why do you want these cells in particular?

I’d buy from a reliable retailer, Aliexpress (especially shops with random names like the one you’ve linked) is not a reliable retailer.

1 Thank

Yes, it rings all the wrong bells.

But interested so see what folks here think nonetheless.

Here in Oz it is a little more difficult (and more expensive) than in the US to get Li-ion cells and far fewer retailers - so at least worth the time to hunt a little.

1 Thank

I recommend getting from a know store. Liitokala for example.

1 Thank

It’s a little old now but a good place to start, have you seen this thread?

Interesting you are looking at protected “Panny B’s”… any particular reason you’re looking at these cells and not more modern high drain cells?

I didn’t follow the Liitokala fiasco mentioned in the link above, so I can’t confirm whether it’s the same store that @Maverick1947 linked, and/or problem persists.

For weird sized cells, I’ve ordered from the Vapcell AliExpress store, and cells have tested as advertised, so I consider them moderately reliable.

1 Thank

Thanks gravelmonkey and maverick1947 for info and advice - much appreciated.

No particular reason for looking at lower-capacity cells really other than that they might be a bit shorter and fit slightly better in some of my older lights.

I am looking to replace some of my protected AW2200 cells and the Liitokala store on AE looks OK. I had heard about the disaster there before but hoped it had been cleared up.

Thanks both again.

What about this place?

1 Thank

Ah Adelaide - I’m from there myself. Looks good and much of their 18650 stuff is sold out which is presumably a sign of a busy concern, or of one going out (I hope not).

Prices for quality cells much more reasonable than in Sydney too.

Thanks for the link - I am pretty sure they did not come up in my searches.

And in case you can’t find what you’re looking for, Vapcell can ship worldwide and can find all sorts of oddball cells if you ask nicely. They have a store on Aliexpress, IIRC it is https://vapcell.aliexpress.com

2 Thanks

Hmm…
Link doesn’t work for me. :thinking:

Aliexpress being weird ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hopefully this link works fine.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1084158

1 Thank

:+1:

I have one its a fairly average battery. Nothing special about it

1 Thank

Correct me if im wrong, even if its legit; its a 4-5 amp battery,with good capacity, with load above its working current the cell will stress, heated and reduce its cycle quicker

When inside Aliexpress, if theres any doubt; go to Simon’s Convoy Flashlight Store, he have some LiitoKala and Molicel at his store