New build inspired by the most inspirational member here. OL. Updated 26.3.17 post 235. One light has been completed.

What a wonderful and impressive flashlight with so many custom details (again, I love your habit of bolting stuff instead of threading it in), certainly very OL-worthy, he would have been delighted!

I’m looking forward to the performance of this beautiful beast.

Is it going to have any lettering on it, showing the tribute to Old Lumens?

As a side note: I’m secretly a bit proud that my custom springs have made it into such a fantastic flashlight. I never got as far as having a new batch of those springs made but I have 15 of them leftover. I see that you have far better use for them than I ever would have, so if you run out of them I could send you 10 of my springs to have a tiny bit of extra stock.

What an outstanding creation, I love all the detail work you put into it.

Wow …

As everyone else thinks, ’tis truly an amazing piece of work and art, disguised as a flashlight. Looking forward to even more pics, if you have time.

oh… my…. god….

amazingly beautiful! and that is without seeing a beamshot!

astounding craftsmanship and attention to detail, not to mention beautiful design…

thanks for sharing the creation of this beauty with us!

Everything about it is amazing, but to me, the switch retainer is absolutely the bee’s knees. Just looking at that, you understand the craftsmanship that went on here.

Sadly, in the pics above, the “we have light” is not showing up for me.

Hopefully this is picture now working. The shot gives a good idea on the surface finish of the reflector.

@ djozz. I have been meaning to PM you about these springs. I will have to remember. :person_facepalming:

@ Miller. Can do with the picture.

Thanks all for the kind words. Justin has been in my heart the whole time building these.

The light itself is heavy. The battery tube is ultra light as there is not much material left, The battery tube adaptor has a bit of weight to it as well as the head with the copper in it. The tailcap and bezel being brass are also quite heavy but I still love the way the brass looks with the aluminium.

Gracious Sakes! What a beautiful piece of work!!! More parts than a 777 jet airliner….and each so exqusetely done. Justin is smiling!

Beautiful work Steve. Absolutely done in Old Lumens style and simply stunning. A tip of the hat to ya!!!

TL

Yep, it works now. It’s beautiful, like the rest of it. You should be quite proud, as I’m sure OL is.

What a photo finish! That is beautiful. Building a flashlight from scratch and ending it like this is every modders wet dream. Thank you for posting this.

I’d love to have some sort of engraving on the light and open to all suggestions. I was thinking on the very end of the tailcap on the inside of the step. As big as the light is there is not a lot of vacant ground left to engrave on. The dark area around the middle is some sort of tough coating as its from a hydraulic cylinder rod. This coating would destroy an engraving tip as it destroys Tungston Carbide tips.

Again thanks for the kind comments. Your all very humbling. :blush:

Thinking about it now I have just realised that this light does not have a name. :person_facepalming: That will have to change. Any suggestions again will be very welcome.

Miller asked for a picture alongside a SRK which is here alongside a few others to give an idea of the size of the light. Left to right, C8, SRK, tribute light, HD2010 and EagleEye X6.

The reflectors left to right belong to, C8, tribute light and ZYT08 which is near on identical to the HD2010.

Wow
Thanks for posting more pics!
Feel free to post even more!

Zooming in on the pics, all details are just beautiful
Besides being an honorary light for Justin this is the most beautiful light I have ever seen.

Name them for the sacked assistants.

Sensational !

Thanks Suncoaster. It seems like a year ago we were up your way but the year has gone so quick.
Name them for the sacked assistants? Do you mean call the light bludger? It would make sense in some kind of way. I’d hate to get bludgeoned by it or do you mean something else all together?

Stunning work mrs dnf .ol would be extremely impressed,
your patience and machining talents are unreal …

Wow! That is an amazingly beautiful light! I’m so glad you’re doing these tribute lights. I never knew O-L like some of you guys did, but I miss him. This light is truly worthy of his memory. I’m looking forward to seeing the other light finished as well.

Only that they’ve been mentioned in enough builds to be honorary members of the forum. Though dedicated to Justin’s memory these are wholly your lights and I think he appreciated them (the assistsnts) as much as the rest of us. It’s hard to put into words what he meant to me but the things he did, reviews, mods, failed mods, filed mods, all seemed to be the reasons I like to visit.